We are super excited to have with us today the inspiring Ran Segall - a full stack designer, a creator, and a vlogger.
In this episode, Ran shared his amazing insights and knowledge on freelancing, value-based pricing, learning new skills, networking, putting yourself out there, achieving your goals and aiming higher.
Please support our amazing sponsors
Links from the show
- Ran's website - ransegall.com
- His service for freelancers to create online proposals - Prospero
- His Youtube Channel - Flux
- Twitter - @ransegall
Recommendations for books & apps
- Recommendations for gear & books on Ran Segall's website
- The 7 habits of highly effective people - By Stephen R. Covey
- Design is a job - By Mike Montiero
- The 10x Rule - By Grant Cardone
- Radical Candor - By Kim Scott
- Toggle - (for tracking time)
- Audible - (for audio-books)
- Coda - (for managing projects)
I Love this podcast - now what?
Key points from this episode:
- Learn about Ran’s background as a designer and how he developed himself into freelancing, building his own brand, vlogging and running his own businesses and company. [00:04:00]
- Learn about Prospero - his service for freelancers to create online proposals. [00:06:20]
- Ran shares his interesting insights about doing what you love, learning skills that will make you more valuable, and how every project is contributing to your success. [00:09:10]
- Find out why and how working with other people, networking, putting yourself out there to the world will help you to reach your true potential, and being successful in any career. [00:13:00]
- Ran shares his process with freelancing and how he manages dealing with all of his projects. [00:17:00]
- Learn about the 10x rule and how to push your goals higher and take massive action. [00:19:00]
- Learn about freelancing, pricing and how to work with value-based pricing. [00:27:20]
- Ran shares his methodology on talking with clients, startups and how to price according to the value that they get. [00:32:15]
- Find out how to measure the success of your work with clients and how to understand what they really value. [00:35:20]
- Get tips! for anyone who is just starting out in freelancing, and tips for designers who want to start vlogging. [00:40:20]
- The lightning round - get inspiring tips & recommendations from Ran, for ambitious achievers. [00:44:10]
About The Hacking UI Podcast The Hacking UI podcast is hosted by Sagi Shrieber and David Tintner, a designer, and developer who are also both entrepreneurs, bloggers, productivity/time-hacking maniacs, and all around tech geeks.
What is The Hacking UI Podcast - with Sagi Shrieber & David Tintner?
The Hacking UI podcast is hosted by Sagi Shrieber and David Tintner, a designer and developer who are also both entrepreneurs, bloggers, productivity/time-hacking maniacs, and all around tech geeks.
The first season of the podcast is titled ‘Scaling a Design Team’, in which they speak with design leaders from top notch companies like Facebook, Apple, Invision, and Intercom, to discuss various team structures, responsibilities, and workflows.
After quitting their day jobs to work full time on Hacking UI they named the second season ‘Scaling a Side Project’, and they interview creative entrepreneurs whom they admire, in order to learn about their paths to success and get them to share their tips and secrets. These include Matt Mullenweg (Founder of Wordpress), David Okeniuv (Founder of Typeform) and more.
The third season of the podcast is called 'Scaling a Career' and it's all about creative entrepreneurship. They interviewed amazing folks who took their creative skills and built a brand for themselves. These include Brad Frost (Atomic Design System), Samuel Hulick (Useronboard.com), Noah Kagan (Sumo), and Ran Segall (Youtuber at 'Flux' on Youtube).