Abby: I didn't really get to journal. So
Fallon: that's okay. I know you like to do that beforehand. I never do, but I know that you're really good about it.
Abby: I sometimes am if I know what we're going to talk about.
Fallon: Yeah, sorry. I, I got talks on Saturday and she gets talks right here because she puts it here and here because it lifts my nose. I know it's so weird, but I love it
Abby: Yeah.
Fallon: because like we have this thing on my dad's side of the family, like the older you get, the, like the more your nose drops. And I'm just like, listen, I don't need the tip of my nose to be to my chin in 20 years.
Abby: It's like the other episode where we started out talking about my grace and I'm like, I'm not available for the grace. You're not available for the drooping nose.
Fallon: No, but I always
Abby: ever.
Fallon: Never. I always forget that when it kicks in, so I start to put, I'm like, what is that? What's wrong with my Lip so that's why I was like, drinking and going like that. Because it's just like, that little part gets numb, you know, you know, and toxic sand and everything
Abby: you start, so when you start drinking out of your water bottle, does your mouth like not, does it
Fallon: No, because it's not. No, because I don't. Yeah, because I don't do the flip, but everybody that does the, like, the, I don't do that much stuff. Everybody that does the flip, but they're like, they can't drink out of anything. Like, I remember going to lunch with, um. I won't say her name in case we keep this in here. But she was like trying to drink out of a straw and she's like, I can't, I can't get any liquids because I can't move my mouth. I was like, man, that's a, that's a good thing. You're single. That's a problem.
Abby: the problem.
Fallon: Yeah. No, mine doesn't do that. It's just this little area right there. Um, I guess, I don't know. There's some science behind it that like, and it works. Like I take pictures, progress pictures. So yeah, anyways,
Abby: That's interesting. I'd like to see those.
Fallon: I'll send you some, I'll have to find some old ones. I should take some now, make some updated ones.
Abby: I just saw a really pretty butterfly going out, going around outside.
Fallon: Oh, I have so many desserts.
Abby: Lizards?
Fallon: yeah, which, you know, I can't remember what they mean, but I mean, we have a ton. I've never had this many.
Abby: Yeah, in like Florida, that's the only place I ever see them. The little like geckos, the small ones.
Fallon: Yeah, I've seen them a ton at like my front, like other people's houses. Um, but never this many at mine. I mean, they're all over. I don't know.
Abby: I'm laughing because I can hear Jameson like, like, like in the shower. I'm like, hopefully no one can hear that.
Fallon: No, I can't hear it. Good background noise. Let me just serenade you. Let's serenade the listeners with Jameson shower noises.
Abby: Yes.
Fallon: Um,
Abby: start.
Fallon: so I don't know, appreciating people and shit. Like, we,
Abby: noises, talking about our loved ones and appreciating them fully, well, this all started when Fallon and I were talking in Signal the other day about, I mean, basically just how we can be appreciating people more and really like, it's so easy to. It's so easy to just notice all of the annoying stuff that people around us do, instead of, you know, really highlighting and voicing the things that we notice that they do that are really great and amazing, you know, it's like that stuff just, you see it and you're just like, oh, that was nice. And you just say that to yourself in your own head. And then you don't actually say it to the person.
Fallon: yeah. And I think that we see this probably more in long term relationships than anything. it's like, as friends, you know, we can be long term friendships and we still like, celebrate each other and, you know, all of that. But I think it's like, really those long term relationships or even potentially relationships with, like, your parents, you know, like. That we, we forget to look at the things they do do and. And, uh, instead focus on all the, like you said, the, the annoying or the things that they don't do or how they don't show up. But it's like, okay, but how are they showing up? That was something that with my clients, I'm like, but can you look at. Like, women who are frustrated with their husbands for whatever reason, not providing the way they want, but I'm like, but they're providing something. Even if it's not what you want, it's still feedback. There's provision somewhere. You know, there's and if you're in the dating world, the provision can often be they're providing you with showing you what you don't want. It's still a provision, even if it's even if it's not what you want, but it's still something good. But, but more in, like, the long term relationships, I just got off of a client call and he was saying just how he's able to look at his wife differently. And he appreciates her tenacity in a different way than he used to and all of these things. And it's funny cause I work with the wife as well. And she was also telling me in the last few weeks, like, I just realized there's so much that I wouldn't be able to do without him. Like I wouldn't be able to have what I have and have this incredible business. If he wasn't at home doing everything he does for the house and the kids and the pets and the, and then he runs all my errands for me for the business. And then he comes and helps me on the building and, and it's like, Oh gosh. And we forget because we're so focused on. What am I not getting from you? We're getting actually a lot from each other and we're all serving and loving in our own language, which,
Abby: Right.
Fallon: you know, is a different language than you.
Abby: Well, that was the thing I was just going to say that I was thinking about as you were saying that, that it's also knowing how you like to receive things, you know, how you like to receive love, like the five love languages as, you know, probably every, most of the listeners on here have read or heard about, or, you know, you know what your love languages are because mine are, you know, my husband really likes acts of service and like, he likes people doing acts of service. He likes to do acts of service. And he doesn't care about, like, words or, you know, he wants, like, you to do something for him and that really shows it. And so, like, for a real life example that happened yesterday was, um, he was watching the baby while I was hanging out with my friend. And When I went to pick up the baby from him to put him down for a nap, I was like, Hey, what did you, what did you, um, feed him for lunch? And he called me right away. And he was like, Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I, I totally spaced, I made him an eight ounce bottle, but I didn't feed him any food. And
Fallon: At least he was honest.
Abby: no, he was that he was very, very apologetic. But, um, and I think normally, cause I. I can be better about appreciating the little, the little things that he does and the big things, but, um, I would be frustrated by that, but then I, as he called me, I'm looking around the place that we're staying here in Venice. And I noticed that, like, the dishes are done, and he cleaned the bottles, and, like, he hung out, he was doing the laundry, and, like, hung on the laundry to dry, and all these things, and it's like, I guess it's okay that you forgot to feed him lunch, because there are, there are, there are other things that we're doing here, so it's all right, you know, but also then going a step further and appreciating, like, Yeah, it's okay. And I appreciate that you did all of these other things to like, instead of being like, Oh my God, I can't believe you didn't think to feed him. He's probably starving. You know, he's
Fallon: Yeah.
Abby: not starving. He's
Fallon: If he wasn't crying and yeah.
Abby: Yeah. Yeah.
Fallon: Yeah. I just think we forget the ways in which people are showing up for us because it's not the ways in which we always want or think we need.
Abby: Or it's not the way that we would have done it for them.
Fallon: Yeah. And I
Abby: easy to dismiss it.
Fallon: it really is. And I really feel this so strongly with the, with the men and the women. You know, like, I don't know. I have such a compassion for the men more now in my life than ever. I'm like, damn, most of the good men are actually trying really hard to show up. And then there's women like me who hold a lot of trauma a lot and done a lot of work and done a lot of healing, but I still have my reservations and I still have, I still have my stuff, you know? And. All the times that I maybe unconsciously wasn't seeing what a partner was doing because of that. And then how can I shift out of that without compromising my boundaries? You know, without, without, you know, not, not just getting walked all over. Sometimes that's where the trauma starts, but, but I'm like, okay, well, they actually are showing up this way. And even with friends, like sometimes with friends, if we're and family, if we're not calling or, or being as in touch, you know, especially where you and I are, you know, we're not close to people all the time. We're often just kind little worlds because our friends and family live all over. But it's like, what ways are they still showing up? And also, are you asking directly for what you need and want to? Yeah. And then being appreciative and, and like seeing them, like, you know, there's nothing that feels better than a person than when you're seen by somebody, it's just like, it's the, it's the best feeling. Like, I just had a client message me and she's like, Fallon, she's in my group, the deep end. And she's like, I just, I already feel so much better. And like, thank you for doing the work that you do. And thank you for loving so many people the way that you love them. You love everybody where they're at. And I just can't even believe how excited I am for my life again. I know I just felt like, God, I feel so seen. And it was really beautiful because most people have reservations of doing that. I know for me, I've had reservations of doing that with people. And I will say probably mostly with men, because I'm like, I don't want them to stop. So if I see them, what they're doing, Then will they write like these little shadow frequencies of like, if I tell him, then will he stop doing it,
Abby: It's interesting you say that because my, my inclination is if you recognize the things that they're doing and they, and you tell them how happy it makes you, then it just makes somebody want to keep doing it more.
Fallon: which is the right inclination. But
Abby: like, really, I should do this more myself.
Fallon: well, but no, I, but I, because as I was saying that, I was like, well, really what, how, what it would do is like, you would want to do more of it, but it's like, we do have these little wounds and things that we hold back on telling somebody what we appreciate about them for whatever reason. Like, just look into that. I I'm always having. And I do this myself, my clients look at, like, what is the underlying energy of why you are or aren't doing something. And then, so, in this case, it's like, why, if you're not telling the people in your, your world, how much you appreciate them, maybe why. Or are you doing it because you don't feel appreciated, so you're waiting to feel appreciated before you give appreciation, you know,
Abby: you're holding back on you're holding back on giving the appreciation because it's like a little subtle punishment that you don't actually know that you're doing maybe consciously but you're doing it.
Fallon: Yeah.
Abby: Yeah.
Fallon: Well, that's it, guys. Just kidding.
Abby: No, I think that was a really good point, though. I'm just wondering if you're not appreciating because you don't feel appreciated, because I think that that's something to take a beat and feel into if that might be true for you, because I think, too, with women, especially also men, but I know. Like, I've heard this from clients too, when you have a little bit more of that, um, you know, you kind of take on that martyr role and you're doing a lot, you feel like you're doing a lot for other people and a lot for your family, a lot for your work, a lot for the kids and trying to keep all the balls in the air. And you're just feeling like, why is nobody noticing everything that I'm doing? And so you don't want to even give appreciation for what other people might be doing for you. Right. Because you're like, well, fuck that I'm doing way more, you know, and, and it can get in kind of a dangerous place in your close, in your close relationships with people like in your, yeah. Like you said, in your, you know, long term partnerships, your marriages, your friendships, everything.
Fallon: Yeah. And it's valid, right? If you are the one that's doing most, it feels like you're doing most of the things, it's super valid and resentment can build and all of that. But if you don't speak to it, then the resentment is really going to build and then it's harder to come back from. It's hard to come back from once you've let yourself steepen resentment. So it's like speak, speak to it because. An honest conversation, an open, vulnerable conversation. They're going to tell you where they feel like they're doing all the things and they're not feeling seen or appreciated. And it's like, Oh, can we actually, how can we give it to each other then? And how can I, you know, like, how can I really see, first of all, how can I see myself? Cause that's always a big, when I give my clients, like you've got a, and myself and right, our friendship, like we all, we all remind each other of this, but. You've got to be able to give yourself first, what you most need from somebody else. And it doesn't, it doesn't negate that you need it from somebody else. But what it does do is start to kind of alleviate the tension and the pressure of, of like, why am I not getting it from them? It's like, okay, well, where are you not seeing yourself first?
Abby: Yeah.
Fallon: And can that be enough for right now until you can meet in conversation?
Abby: Yes. Yes. And as you were talking, the thing that just popped into my head too, is. I think that it can be very easy to talk about your partner, like all the things you love about them, you love, you know, talking about them to other people, but then you don't realize that you don't say that to them as much.
Fallon: Yeah.
Abby: And so maybe a fun exercise is, you know, talking to your partner and just saying like, here's what I told, you know, so and so about you. Yesterday or this week or here, you know, I feel like I've written some really sweet posts about Jameson and how much I love him and how much I think he's the greatest partner. But do I often say that to him? And like so many words, like he'll see it or I'll like send it to him, you know, but am I necessarily saying it directly? Like, yes, every once in a while, but I could probably be doing it a lot more.
Fallon: Yeah. Yeah. It's always interesting to just watch just the little ways in which our patterning takes over and not that it's not a bad thing. And then how their patterning works. And. You gotta learn that from each other and where he might not, like you said, if he's not a words guy, then you might not be as, you know, inclined to give him words and you try to do more. But I know for me, I'm a words gal.
Abby: No, like I like words. I want to hear words.
Fallon: well, and you're a projector. So you like really need the, like, Hey, you are amazing and wise. And this thing you did for me, like changed my life. Yeah.
Abby: Right. Exactly. So, so when
Fallon: you know, but.
Abby: he does acts of service, I'm like, well, that was nice, but like, can you tell me something?
Fallon: Yeah. Yeah. Can you tell me he still have this shirt? Wait, people have probably seen him, but way back in my twenties, there was a shirt that was like, feed me and tell me I'm pretty. And I just remember like, if that is not the embodiment of who I am, like, tell me I'm pretty every single day.
Abby: Yeah.
Fallon: Don't assume that I know it. You know, it was interesting too. This comes up because I was doing human design readings, um, for a client event on Saturday. And in the middle of it, I was doing a group reading of three friends. Yeah. And one of them has already, she's already, yeah, it was so fun. It was so fun. And she's, she's already worked with me before. And so she brought her friends and they were in town. They're having a girl's weekend. And in the middle of, she just stopped me. She said, you, you don't need, I know you don't need to hear this, but you are so good. Like you were doing such a good job. You're so good at this. Um, and it was interesting cause it was like, Maybe I don't need to hear it, but I am not going to reject it. It was like, say the thing, you know, that you like, Oh, they probably don't need to hear this. It's like the same thing I think with men potentially. Well, she knows she's pretty, she knows it, but I want to know that you think that I am. Even though like, sure, I can embody that. And I need to hold that confidence in that pole. My myself, right? Like I can't lean on you to film, always fill my cup. Like I need to do the things that make me feel the way I want to feel, but it just felt so good in that moment. It was so fun. And it was a little bit like, I'm so used to kind of being the leader and the guide all the time that it's like, when I get those reflections back, I'm always like, Oh, like, I know how to receive, but I never quite know what to do with it. But I will just say, it just feels really good to be seen. And so who in your life right now, could you see me more? And, and verbalize them and share that with them. 'cause it really is a gift.
Abby: I love that. And it reminds me, I was just watching this friends episode, the one where, um, Joey is trying to convince Phoebe that there are no good deeds because every good deed makes you feel good. Like there's no selfless good deed. And so I was going to say that, like, this is such a really, like such a fun exercise because It feels so good to like really love and appreciate people in real time and see their reaction and see them receive that from you.
Fallon: mm-Hmm.
Abby: And like the more you can do that, the more you can sprinkle that into your everyday life or like once a week, just like telling somebody in your life how much you love them or appreciate them or just notice something little that they're doing that's made a difference for you. Or maybe it's made a difference in their life. Like one of my friends, Carly, she always does such a good job. Sheldon. She always will send me stuff on, you know, like a, a message or if she reads one of my emails or newsletters or see something I post on Instagram, she's like, she's like, wow, that was so like, that was so insightful. Thank you. Like, I loved hearing that from you, or, you know, it's like so nice to get those little pockets of things that take two seconds to send to somebody, but it lands so beautifully and means so much to people.
Fallon: Yeah. I agree. And we love Carly. She's just amazing. And she's so good about, she's so good about seeing, seeing you, seeing people like, and, and verbalizing it and sharing it.
Abby: Yes.
Fallon: Yeah, so my friend, Caitlin, who you also know, uh, sent me a Venmo this past week. And I've had a friend, Casey, do that. I've had a few friends do this. I'll just get a random Venmo for like 10 bucks. And Caitlin was like, I don't know, go buy tea or coffee or just go take care of yourself for a minute. And it was like, even that's a fun way to see somebody, even if it's not like, Hey, you're amazing in magic, but it's just like, I just, I'm thinking about you, like, go, go do this since
Abby: and I want, I want to do something for
Fallon: Yeah. Yeah. And also because it's like, if we were together, we'd probably go have coffee together, but she lives in Utah. I live in Florida. So it's kind of a fun little way to also just give somebody the nod, you know, like I'm thinking about you. I'm here. I know we don't talk a lot, but, or we can talk every day and still do it. It doesn't matter. So,
Abby: Yeah. So I guess ask yourself how you can appreciate somebody, add a little, you know, sprinkle a little, a little bit more joy and magic and love into their life today or this week or this month and see how it makes you feel and see how it makes them feel.
Fallon: yeah, I love that. And then also for yourself. Like, if that doesn't feel available yet to give it to somebody else, where can you sit down and really see you? Like, I am doing this, and I'm so grateful I get to do this, and I am a badass at this, and I'm magic here, and I'm beautiful, and I'm sexy, and I'm radiant, and whatever, whatever, you need to find what, what your body can get on board with, right? Um, and then from that space, you'll find it a lot easier to give that to others as well, or vice versa. Cause sometimes we can give it to others a lot easier than we can give it to ourselves. So maybe you give it to others first and let that be inspiration for yourself.
Abby: Yeah. I mean, tune into your body. Like you guys know how to do from listening to us and from your own intuition of what would feel really needed. For you. Do you want to recognize something within you today, or do you want to recognize somebody else that you love just what comes up? What would feel really, really good. What gives you the warm, the warm fuzzies
Fallon: Well, we love you and we see you and we appreciate you as our listeners and share this episode or share this podcast, um, and tag us when you do.
Abby: tag us. And if, um, tell us what you did, if you want to, if you want to share who you reached out to, what you told them, what you told yourself, we'd love to hear it. We'd love to celebrate you.
Fallon: Yeah. And you can even, if you decide to make a post or a story, like I want to see so and so or I love so and so, I love how they do this tag us in that too. So we can really like, you know, heart that and give that recognition as
Abby: Love that. Yay.
Fallon: quick and dirty
Abby: All right, everybody have a beautiful, beautiful week. We will talk to you soon.
Fallon: Bye.