In this episode, Adam is joined by Sam Selikoff to talk about some of the interesting technical challenges he faced building Tailwind UI, and how working on the project has influenced how he will build layouts in the future.
- What Tailwind UI is and why we decided to build it
- How odd numbers can wreak havoc on a user interface, and how to avoid them
- Crafting the perfect form control
- Unexpected benefits of working with CSS Grid
- Abusing single column grids just to use gap, and why we desperately need gap support in Flexbox
I decided to stop taking sponsors for the show because I think advertisements are annoying and no one wants to listen to them.
- Tailwind UI, a collection of professionally designed, fully responsive HTML components built with Tailwind CSS
- Refactoring UI, a book and video series I put together with Steve Schoger on designing beautiful user interfaces, without relying on a designer.
- Advanced Vue Component Design, a course on designing simpler, more flexible Vue components that are both more powerful and easier to maintain.
- Test-Driven Laravel, a massive video course on designing robust Laravel applications with TDD. Learn how to build a real-world application from scratch without writing a single line of untested code.
- Refactoring to Collections, a book and video course that teaches you how to apply functional programming principles to break down ugly, complex code into simple transformations — free of loops, complex conditionals, and temporary variables.
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.