In this episode, Benjamin and Matthew talk with Samuel Roze about background processes in PHP. We also talk about angel processes, handling failure, the mindset you need to develop background processes in PHP and loads more!
- The common challenges with background processes and PHP?
- Why background processes & workers can be an important aspect of PHP applications?
- What angel processes are
- How to handle failed background processes
- How to handle memory in PHP with long-running processes
- Plus loads load more!
- Tideways Blog: Five Challenges Running Reliable Background Jobs in PHP
- Solid (by Sir Tim Berners-Lee)
- The Symfony Messenger Component
- Episode 4: Retries and Timeouts with Bastian Hofmann
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)
- Apache Kafka
What is The Undercover ElePHPant?
The Undercover ElePHPant is a podcast about scaling and optimizing your PHP applications. Each week, Benjamin Eberlei and Matthew Setter sit down with an expert from the PHP community to discuss a specific aspect of highly performant PHP applications.