With rising interest rates in The Woodlands, some investors are wondering if real estate investing is dead. James talks about historical interest rates and the impact of rapidly rising interest rates on real estate investors and begins the discussion of solutions to the problem.
With rising interest rates in The Woodlands, some investors are wondering if real estate investing is dead.
This episode was recorded to help real estate investors better understand how much and how quickly interest rates have changed over the last 35 years. Then, with that knowledge, what the impact might be on real estate investors plus the start of a conversation on some possible solutions.
Watch the video version of this class:
https://realestatefinancialplanner.com/impact-of-rapidly-rising-interest-rates-on-real-estate-investors/Topics discussed in this class include:
- Interest rates have gone up rapidly recently.
- Is this the fastest we've seen rates rise? The most we've seen rates rise?
- Federal Funds Rate versus Mortgage Interest Rates
- Infographic of 35 Years of Interest Rate Hikes from VisualCapitalist.com
- Interest rates hikes and rate of change of the rate chart
- 30-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage Average in US
- What is the impact of rapidly rising interest rates for real estate investors.
- What if you ignored financing and bought properties free and clear (with some modeling and comparisons) based on the podcast episode Ep 24: Norm and Norma Buy Free and Clear Rental Properties
- Isn't this essentially the same discussion we had in Is Nomad™ Dead?!
- The best way to determine if you should buy with higher interest rates... The World's Greatest Real Estate Deal Analysis Spreadsheet™
- Return Quadrants™
- See the impact for your city and your state with our city-specific modeling.
- Let me know if my numbers are incorrect by contacting me via email.
Real Estate Models for The Woodlands, Texas
Direct link to the real estate investing models for The Woodlands, Texas
Resources MentionedIn this episode James mentions the following resources:
- Visual Capitalist Infographic
- Real Estate Investing Shocks! class recording
- Creative Financing Classes
- Ep 24: Norm and Norma Buy Free and Clear Rental Properties Podcast Episode
- Is Nomad™ Dead?! class recording
- Return Quadrants™
- Real Estate Financial Modeling for The Woodlands, Texas
What is The Woodlands Real Estate Investing & Real Estate Financial Planning™ Podcast?
Learn all about investing in real estate in The Woodlands, Texas with a combination of real estate financial planning and modeling with numbers specific to The Woodlands plus syndicated, more generalized recordings of live and pre-recorded real estate investing classes (not all specific to The Woodlands).