Today’s guest is Ilise Benun. Ilise is the founder of Marketing Mentor, an agency that helps creative solopreneurs, consultants and owners of small creative businesses find the right clients and avoid the feast or famine cycle.
- How she got started in the marketing world and helping creative freelancers get organized and self-promote.
- How to avoid common marketing pitfalls, and do marketing the right way.
- How social media fits within your marketing for your business and what you can be doing differently.
- Once you can identify ideal clients or ideal markets, then it becomes very clear how to reach them.
- A LinkedIn profile and smart marketing website (speaking to the clients needs) will enable you to build your marketing foundation.
- The expectation of social media is that it’s easy to bring business in. It’s an excellent tool, but you need to asses its value appropriately and use it as such.
What is Live In The Feast?
Live In The Feast is a seasonal podcast for developers and designers looking to discover their niche to build recurring revenue. So that they can live the life that they want and ultimately reach the goals of why they started their own business in the first place. Each season will be a theme specific to your business. And each episode features a guest who's been there before and achieved success. You'll get actionable takeaways for you to implement in your business immediately after each show. No fluff, no pie in the sky dreaming, this is real-life examples and takeaways for you.