Instructional Methods: What instructional methods help you deliver training to stimulate learners to communicate, reflect, generate ideas, and learn? What are the time, distance, budge, and schedules to consider for each training method? (AOE 3. Training Delivery; 3.3. Instructional Methods)
Choosing an Instructional Method: science + art + feeling = decision; After you write the learning objectives to define the knowledge, skills, and attitudes, that professional learners should acquire as a result of training, the selective method or activity should relate to the LO and other factors, including:
- Type of Learning: intellectual & cognitive skills, motor skills, attitudes
- Audience: level, department
- Demographics or Profile: age, gender, level of education
- Number of Learners: individual, small groups, large groups
- Media Available: select by appropriateness, number of learners, financial considerations
- Budget: funds available for development as well as presentation
- Physical Site: centralized, decentralized, specialized
- Trainer’s Skills and Training Style
Refer to more about choice for instructional methods for training, teaching, and learning in AOE 2. Instructional Design; 2.9. Instructional Methods.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Virtual Training Tools and Templates by Cindy Huggett
What is Learn/Perform Mixtape?
The Learn/Perform Mixtape is a podcast of my study notes as I prepare for the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP). More at: https://techknowtools.com/learnperform-mixtape/