Having worked throughout the marketing and advertising industry, Paul Jacobs and his 3 co-founders started Wax/On, a new type of creative and media agency. I spoke with Paul to talk about some of his past experiences, why he is passionate about startups, which entrepreneurs he admires, why podcasting is such a good medium and some of his favourite advertising campaigns.
Paul Jacobs is the Managing Partner at Wax/On and oversees the day-to-day running of the agency. Previously, he was Business Lead at Karmarama working with brands such as BT and Porsche and more recently a Director at Edelman, where he led the set-up of their creative services, working on global projects for Microsoft, Asics and Nestle. He also makes sure we all get enough sleep!
What we cover in this episode:
- Paul's career, from Ogilvy in Australia to Business Lead at Karmarama (acq. Accenture 2016)
- Why did he (and his 3 other co-founders) start Wax/On?
- What does Wax/On do?
- Why Paul is passionate about startups
- Paul's startup community with The Drum Network
- What makes a good podcast
- Why Dave Buonaguidi and James Connelly are inspiring as entrepenuers
- Some of the best campaigns Paul has worked on (and some he hasn't)
What is Marketing Mashup?
The weekly marketing and entrepreneurship podcast where I jump into interviews with some of the most interesting people I have met throughout my career. From CMOs and agency founders to social media executives and freelancers, you'll hear their different perspectives on marketing and how to build a brand.