Duke: Oh, big time. Episode today, huh, Laurie.
CJ: Duke, man, I know we've been gone minute, but man, this is the return and it is definitely worth the wait.
Duke: Today we have two very special guests. We have Mr. J Benson, the man who needs No Introduction, and we also have Mr. Jeff. Jesse. Guys, welcome to the.
Jace: Hey, I'm glad to be here, man. Thanks for having me.
Jeff: Happy to be here. Thanks.
Duke: Okay. And what we are going to talk about today is the Null Edge conference. Now, I didn't say knowledge, I said null edge. , We all see what Jace did there. and man, I don't wanna take any of Jace's thunder away. So, Jace, why don't you tell the audience what knowledge is all about.
Jace: Knowledge is a virtual conference that I made to be the conference I wished I had gone to. I missed some things at the conference. , Many of us go to, on the service style platform and when I get frustrated, I create and I think, well, I could probably do that. Let's try it. And so I thought, well, I'm gonna reach out to some folks and see if they'll do it, and I can just guide them along the way. I tried that and they said, this is your thing, you do it.
Duke: Awesome. Let's get real brass tacks. What is it?
Jace: So it's a virtual conference where we're hitting on topics that you can take back to your work and bring value to your, where you work on ServiceNow. it's not sales pitches, it's not everything's ai. It's not Hype cycle stuff. It's like literally just valuable content that people can use.
, CJ: So what I'm feeling from this is, this is what would happen. It took developer meetups, put them all in one day, and got the who's of the ServiceNow community to come and participate.
, Jace: That's probably a good way to put it. It's just like a giant conference of developer meetups where they all have different topics. There is a topic from a developer meetup that is here, there's 40 sessions, so I, it's hard to keep 'em all in my head. I think it's the showcasing team hub by Roberto Alvarez, a Alonzo.
CJ: Dude, 40 sessions. You just made a conference like outta thin air and you're not like, yeah, no, we got three sessions and you know, it's 40 sessions. That's crazy.
Duke: How long did it take you to get 40 speakers to go to the conference?
Jace: Do you remember how long the call for content was, Jeff? I think it was, I'm not sure how long it was. I think it's on the website still.
Jeff: We had the call for content open for roughly a month. a very little push from us, , as part of the knowledge team. , We sent it out. Shared it on socials a few times, but honestly, the community is really, they wanted to contribute and we got quite a few, I think we hit 20 sessions within like the first two weeks. So the rest were just kind of, after a few more shares, we got more.
Duke: And now that you've actually started talking, Jeff, why don't you give yourself an intro to our audience and, tell us what brought you into the Knowledge conference.
Jeff: Like Robert said, I'm Jeff. Jesse. I am a ServiceNow developer lead at Accenture. I've got about four years of experience on the platform. How I got involved in knowledge is Jay sent me a ping for just regular conversation and kind of venting. We connected. He shared his idea, and I'm gullible enough. I said, let's do it, and we kind of just ran with it.
CJ: I love how, things like this that you create that are of this magnitude. And, extensiveness, right? Like you gotta be a little gullible. You gotta be a little naive and a little innocent, right? Like a little bit of suspend your disbelief in order to, you know, to, to actually do. Because if you step back and consider it like, I'm gonna build a conference with 40 events, right? Like the enormity that might push you to say no, but you guys, they just like pushed through this and got it point anyway.
Jace: I mean, I will say the first person to reached out to was Chuck Tomasi. And I know he was, he couldn't make the event this year and I felt a little bad for him. And, . He acknowledged that he was interested, and so then I just took that as a green light to just keep PE begging, not begging, bothering people to see if this was something that other people would be interested in.
Duke: Yeah, sometimes it just needs to get like somebody to push the boulder up the hill until they get to the other side of the hill. Right. Do you know what I love about this? What just was just said, Corey, is that Jeff is coming at this with four years of experience, right? Like you don't have to be some, Super old toothless geezer like me, uh, to make some stuff happen in the org, in the ecosystem. You can come at it like with, um, gosh, is it bad that I just look at four years and say That's a little bit of experience.
Jace: Four years is an is is an eternity in ServiceNow.
Duke: Four years is a tremendous amount of time.
CJ: It does make me realize how long we've been doing this, four years is just the distance from the, pandemic to now, when you think about it, right? And right.
Duke: wind right outta my sails, man.
Jace: That's, yeah, I don't like thinking like that.
CJ: We're.
Duke: Do, do you, do you know what this all reminds me of. Fruit devcon, wherever you guys are around for fruit devcon.
Jace: Oh, I wish I could have gone. I worked there at the time. I worked at fruition, but I lived in Minnesota and so I wasn't able to attend and I wasn't on a team that needed to be there, so I wasn't there. They had two years though. They had for Defcon 13 and 14.
Duke: I remember I met so many of my, like OG ServiceNow friends there,
Jace: Is that where you met Matt Barran?
, Duke: No, I met, Matt through, , LinkedIn chat, but I met James Neil there and Joel Olives. a few other people, but man, just recently somebody posted like an old video of me speaking at Fruit Devcon, just some interview stuff and I'm like, who is that child? Like, no facial hair, nothing like Matt Brown hair. No gray in sight. Infant. Stop listening to that.
CJ: Hella idealistic.
Duke: No. Okay. But speaking about idealistic, let's get back to what we're here for knowledge. , Jace, tell us if you can, , what was the ' cause, you know what I mean? Like, we all have the status quo, like , the developer meetups knowledge. But what was that one thing that just, you couldn't put it down. You had to say, no, I need to build something different.
Jace: so I ran the developer meetups in Minneapolis, Minnesota for like. Four years and they're fine. Like I thought it was great. I passed that torch off to another individual and they've been doing great with that stuff and that's fantastic. But the years that I missed going to the conference, the network with folks, it really. That's what really bothered me when I didn't get to go to those conferences and it's so hard to like have a good networking experience with folks. And I'm not saying a virtual conference is gonna give you a in-person level event of type of networking, but I wanted to bring what I found from another online conference that was ran by a company called Netlify who used a, a test software called Hopin two. And they had this like speed networking. And I wanted to bring it to something I could make eventually. And then I got frustrated with the event at the ServiceNow Knowledge event. And I wanted to make my own because I'm like, why does everything feel like a sales pitch? I had a podcast with, Ty Roach and Justin Meadows when I was at Knowledge this last year. Like the three of us came to conclusion that like everything here is just to sell the new stuff. And like maybe I was naive and I just didn't realize that knowledge just feels like a big sales event, but it can't be the only way to have a good conference.
Duke: Right.
Jace: I wanted to make something that wasn't just about sales. So there's no sponsors, there's no money changing hands. This is all out of my pocket. And the individual's times we've contributed to make this a thing. All the speaker's times. there's no bias to like force this to be a sales event or like a push for this product event. This is just people sharing because they can.
Duke: It's pure.
Jace: Yes, and I wanted the first year to be that way, and if there is desire for another year, then I'll look for sponsorships and see if we can't make this a self-funded thing that makes it worthwhile to run.
Duke: Mm-hmm.
CJ: I love the very narrow focus of it, this is , like you said, dude, this is a pure thing that is focused only on this, and we're going to keep it. We skinny, we're gonna keep it, we're gonna keep it focused so we deliver something that's worthwhile attending. I, I, I really like that so many
Jace: I, I will say that organizing it has definitely given me a ton more empathy for the folks who organize any event that has more than 50 people.
Duke: it's insane, right? . Not that I've done it myself, but just in trying to get what small groups of people talking that I've been able to, like titans of ServiceNow, CJ and the Duke,
Jace: I mean
Duke: you really do need to chase.
Jace: imagine trying to schedule a podcast with 40 people speaking.
CJ: Ha.
Jace: You laugh, but like that's what this is, right?
Jeff: that, that's episode 200.
CJ: maybe
Duke: That sounds like a challenge, Corey. Like it really does.
CJ: it does. It does, man,
Jace: You could have a, like a every guest episode, you ring everybody back.
CJ: all right, man. J, you, uh, you cooking my gas over there?
Duke: Jason's gonna have, Jason's gonna have to come three times in the same episode since,
Jace: Oh man. Me and me and Andrew Barnes. Both, I think. Right.
Duke: um, have, we
CJ: back with a different hat on. Could leave, come back with another hat on.
Jace: No, but I mean, it's, it's been fantastic. And , the team's been helping out. There's a list of contributors on the website, Jeff, Jesse here. He's the guy behind the website initially, so like that's been a huge help.
CJ: I love the website.
Duke: Yeah. I'm just going to it right now. Don't worry. , We're gonna have a link in the description below, so
Jace: And like the design of the logos, that's like Courtney Brewster and Carlene Carter. They work together for like some of the branding and logoing and like, I don't have those skills.
CJ: shout out to Carlene. That's my dog.
Duke: It is a very nice website. It's very clean and let's just do a quick look at some of the speakers. we go to Sarah Tolson, Kevin Clark. Tim Woodruff. Chuck Tomasi. Ty Roach. Is Chuck still going? I thought you said he might not be
Jace: No, Chuck is, Chuck is, he couldn't go to knowledge this last year, but knowledge, I asked him if he could be part of it, and then, yeah, he, he, he was all about it. So I'm super excited that he was able to, , to help steer the direction of some of these conferences, discussions and choices.
Duke: We got Michael Snick. I'm just going off the people that I know by name here. There's tons of them. Atto, Grover, Gregory Yu, Al. Wow. He got like all ki Han Sho
Jace: James Neil,
Duke: James Neil Aud
Jace: Meg Scow,
Duke: like Chris Chu, like it's just, I'm not even halfway through the list here.
Jace: Andrew Chuin,
Duke: Mike Scow like.
Jace: Coy, the guy behind SNU Tills, who literally
Duke: Benson, that guy's got a thing or two to say.
Jace: don't have any sessions. I just have opening and closing ceremony. I figure out they see enough as it is.
Duke: So it's a, it is a who's who. And then some of people who've always got valuable stuff to say. And let's take a look at some of the topics and sessions like, so James Neil's gonna talk about explore. That's super awesome. pow And Kumar Singh is gonna talk about performance tooling, avoiding migration pitfalls.
Jace: is talking about two week upgrades. Chris?
Duke: oh yeah, that'll be great. Two week upgrades.
Jace: Yep.
Duke: Wow. Uh, monitoring integrations like,
Jace: And then we got some people from like proper ServiceNow there even, I didn't expect that to like to actually talk about ServiceNow stuff. I was, I wasn't sure how I felt about it when they submitted and then I was like, well, you know what? If they wanna talk, let 'em talk. So there's Elany, I don't know if I'm saying her name right. , Elaia Beaver. She's like a doctorate who's talking about the accessibility and localization features and now assist and some free open source tool.
Duke: Oh,
CJ: man. That never gets any coverage this. That's
Duke: Seriously, right? Like
Jace: Right. And then Mo, I don't know if I'm saying the guy's last name, Mo Moger, Mo, whatever. He's doing some jumpstart AI thing. Now. I did wanna like not emphasize ai. I think there's like five or six talks that talk about ai, but of 40, that's not bad
CJ: Yeah, I think that's a, I think that's a pretty good proportion there, you can't miss ai. And you know, and I, and it is funny how society's kind of breaking down right now, you kinda get in , these two camps, right? As folks who are like, yeah, AI is great and I'm using it. And then you've got AI cynics who are like, yeah, whatever. And to me, right? Like, I just think this is one of those things you're never gonna escape anymore. And so you can't get rid, you can't get rid of it. But I also definitely understand the need to not have an entire conference that's devoted to it. And just to hide the other stuff that is also traditional ServiceNow that, you know, folks are using day to day as well.
Jace: Right, like there's a session just on flow debugging. I know, Robert, you have a fantastic video on adding, the correct way to air out of a flow. Right. I'm sure that Selma Shake will talk about that kind of stuff in that session, and that's fantastic.
Duke: What I like about this is the value proposition of whatever they're talking about. Like conversations, I'm, always drawn into, Are ones where it's like, okay, like let's talk about the benefits of this and there's always a, primary point of blah, blah, blah ai, and I'm like, AI isn't necessarily the point. You know, I just want value. If AI gets me that value, then that's just the vehicle that drove me there, but I'd have been just as happy if you improve my life X percent by, I don't know, something, not ai.
Jace: Like float debugging, right? Like being able to find those problems faster.
Duke: Yes.
Jeff: lot of, we wanted to highlight. Something like Jason mentioned before, that's useful. Now, there are a lot of customers out there that aren't ready for AI and now assist or aren't going to purchase it, so we wanted to give people from those customers, those clients, the ability to learn something that's not tied to AI so they can use it now.
CJ: See what you did there.
Jeff: Completely unintentional.
Jace: but like Sessions, I'm looking forward to probably the most, this might not seem like it'd be one, but there's one by Karen. Kay, who's talking about field service management at work, that's all I'm looking into right now. It's all I'm working on, so any content I can consume around field service management is like it. I haven't had a chance to connect with that speaker specifically individually, but I can't wait to see what she put together and I can't wait to hear her session.
, CJ: Sorry, a bit, bit of a little small tangent. Is Phil management picking up right now? I mean, I remember when it was first Introed and I, you know, I kind of got a little bit, but like the, the, the man ride out and so I kind of left it alone.
Jace: I think it just depends on who your clients are and where you work, right? If you work for a company that installs hardware at customer sites, like Field Service Management is gonna be a, a shoe in, right? You're gonna have to argue not to get it in ServiceNow.
CJ: Yeah, I definitely see that.
Jace: there's plenty of customers that are like that. So is it gonna be a big customer base that's gonna have that Maybe? I don't think it's gonna be huge. I think it's gonna be much smaller than any IT service management stuff. But you could say something similar around like the HR SD product and ServiceNow, which there's another talk by Sabrina Etheridge and I did get a chance to meet up with her and I did a whole bunch of HR SD stuff when I was at a past employer and I learned like. Five things in that like 20 minute talk that she demoed to me. So I am super excited if anybody's talk measures up to what I've seen already.
Duke: That's amazing, dude. Maybe let's talk a little bit about what it took to get you here. I heard you had a meeting with Sabrina, so she could walk you through her present. Have you personally vetted each presentation?
Jace: I was gonna try to, but there's 40 of them and there's six of us that are active in like this, , group that's organizing this. And when I started to try to do this, it was like a few weeks ago and there's only a month and a half until the session, till October 17th and now there's even less time. There's like 20 days as of recording. So to meet with them, I had meet with one a day or we'd have somebody had to meet with them like one a day. that's what I started with. And then I moved to having office hours. I need to recommunicate that to all the speakers in case they have questions. But I've probably met with like 10 of these people individually. I've messaged every one of them either on email or LinkedIn.
Duke: how did you decide on who gets a spot.
Jace: that was gonna be a whole thing and I was gonna cut it down, but then I thought, you know what? If we just make 'em all 15 minute sessions, except for the ones that I've already promised half hours to, we can just have everybody speak. So you guys get the whole gamut. We didn't cut anybody. Oh, sorry about that.
Duke: That's okay. That's what D script is for.
Jace: There was, one session that somebody posted and they had something come up and they had to cancel. . There's been a couple like rearrangements where people are like, oh, I can't do it at that time for x, y, z reason. Can you move it? And we've been, shuffling the schedule around some and some others are like, I need 30 minutes. I can't do it in 15. that's been really fantastic too.
Duke: So how does it work logistically? Is it just like one long, one day long stream or.
Jace: So we're using a product called RingCentral. RingCentral acquired hopin two, I think a year or two years ago. and RingCentral gives you , a platform,, where you can have a list of sessions where people can jump in and out of, When you RSVP'd, you're added to a list of people who get the emails, like when the event's starting to join the event, there'll be a chat on the right, and then on the left there'll be sessions and every hour there'll be two, at least two sessions that are happening. and you can pick between them. You can jump around. so it isn't like a single stream, if you will.
CJ: when you were scheduling , the sessions, were you, looking at, okay, I, I've got two HR sessions and I wanna put them in the same hour, that sort of thing, and.
Jace: I asked some folks for some input on the schedules and I, didn't necessarily come up with the whole thing myself, but this is kind of where things landed. I definitely put things in a way that, Sessions that I wouldn't wanna have competing aren't competing. And so , I think at the 1230 hour, there's four sessions unfortunately, but two of them are very product specific, like I think the HRSD one is at the time. And, maybe the sales to procurement one is at the time. And then there's an AI talk at the time and something else at the time, and I'm not happy about that one situation, but it's like playing a bad game at Tetris because like, you don't, you don't wanna set somebody up so nobody attends their session. But at the same time, you want people to have sessions that they can do something with. Right. Imagine if for the 10 o'clock hour, there was a session on HRSD and a session on field service management and you don't use either HRSD or field service management, like that'd be a lost half hour or last 15 minutes. So, I think we staggered it so that it's good, but once the schedules went out, it's more solid. I don't wanna change it because then it requires communication to the speakers and. People's expectations of when these things are gonna be, because unfortunately, some employees won't get the. , Agency to like just take the day off and attend to all of them. They might only be allowed to take off, you know, an hour or two to see the sessions that they think are important. And it would be really unfortunate if they like said, yeah, between nine and 10, I'm busy because I'm in attendance conference. And then that session moved. Like, wouldn't that be awful? So I'm trying really hard not to adjust those schedules as much as I can, but I'm understanding why the schedules slip. Even at the bigger conference we all go to. Which I didn't realize before, and now it makes a lot more sense being on the organizing side of this.
CJ: Nice. So, , one other thing around that. So let's say I show up at at 11, right? And then there's HRSD and field services and you know, I don't use either one of those. I'm not really interested in either one of those. You can have like a live. Hours where folks can hang out and while those kind of sessions are going on,
Jace: there is this networking thing that I'm gonna be emphasizing people do at the noon hour or 11 o'clock, depending on where you are, right? you can chat in the whole conference. There's nothing stopping you from chatting with everybody in the conference, in the overarching space. A but, there will be an expo hall. I offered every speaker an expo hall spot where they could put like a project that they're working on or if they wanted their employer to operate that expo hall, they can do that, that expo booth. And some of them have taken me up on that. Some of them decided they didn't want anything to do with it, and that's fine. But that's another place where people can go and check out during the event, if there's a session that doesn't meet up to what they wanna meet up with.
CJ: Oh, that's.
Jace: But it's just been a lot of herding cats. I've got two kids, they're nine and 11. I was bringing them to school a couple weeks ago. 'cause in Minnesota, we started school later than a lot of places, I guess. And I kept noticing how organized my kids' teachers were. Like every table has their name like taped to it with a folder of their book stuff, their papers and pencils and this kind of jazz. And I was thinking, oh, I wish I had been that organized for this conference.
CJ: Man, can I tell you I would love a session on that
Jace: Just to be organized like that,
CJ: just to be organized, dude, like I am all over the place, right? I get things done through brute force
Jeff: It, it started out well. we did start out well with organization, but the larger we got, the less organized it got, and it was, it was more difficult to
Jace: we got?
Jeff: Yeah. The more sessions, the more speakers. The more time zone spread that we got, it got a lot more difficult.
Jace: Yeah, initially there was desire to have this thing go across the Atlantic or across the Pacific, like have speakers in their local time zones in Britain or Australia, but that would be a lot longer events. Be a lot more, I think, difficult. Like I was open to it, but I'm like, somebody else is gonna have coordinate what events those are gonna be because I don't know who's gonna be speaking and I don't know how many people would attend at those hours,
Duke: What was the hardest part of the whole thing so far?
Jace: I mean, so far it's been just gathering things and sharing it, I think, which doesn't sound hard when I say it out loud, but it's organizing all this stuff, getting everybody on the same page this is what we're gonna do, here's how we're gonna do it, and that kind of stuff. And thankfully, like, Chuck, he's. Obviously been a keynote speaker for large conferences for many years and organized this podcast and he's like steering that stuff and Carlene Carter, she's just as organized in my opinion. there's been a lot of help with trying to keep that stuff going pretty smoothly, but probably my hardest struggle. Right now has been just getting better at using the streaming software that we've decided to go with, which is the RingCentral platform. But I think it's gonna be fantastic 'cause I've done a bunch of tests with it. I've done a bunch of sessions with it already, and for all the troubles that I have with it, I think it's just me picking on the nuance of it now.
Jeff: the hardest part for me, probably the organization piece, assisting where possible and, doing my best, to support Jace he had the idea, I really wanted to make this happen, so anytime he came to me and was like, Hey, do you think we can do this? I immediately wanted to dive in and try and make it happen, , just for him, because he put so much into it, just to support him on this, journey for this.
Jace: There was that one time, Jeff, I wasn't in tears, but I was beat, , I didn't know what to do. I asked for help from that group that I had set up on Basecamp, and it was like a page along and pretty much plead somebody help me. I've got these like 17 things that need doing and I don't know how to do half of them, but thankfully between Jeff, Jesse, Andia Moore and other individuals that I can't think of off the top of my head, they all stepped up and helped out and helped me get past that hard part. Me asking for help is a hard thing for me to do.
CJ: I totally sympathize, but how cool is that? That we put out the call people answered that's this community. That's what I love about it. man, that, that just, that gives me the warm and fuzzies.
Duke: Now, if you could have any one outcome of the Knowledge conference, what would it be?
Jace: I would like to see enough people express interest into it to make it its own thing that makes it viable for me to operate with other people in a way that makes sense financially. What I mean by that is it offsets enough of someone's income that they can do it part-time, like take off like a few weeks to operate it. Right. That'd be very cool. In my opinion that or, change maybe it to, instead of being like a. Conference about these things. Maybe there's two of them. Maybe one is by developers, for developers to understand what they can do to more a new talent meets hiring employers. that'd be very cool to do as well. L.
CJ: I love the perspective of making. This self-sustaining, Because if anything's going to endure, it has to be that ability for it to exist on its own and you know, and sometimes that's entirely volunteer led, right? And , you just get enough people who have a passion for it and they donate the time and things work out. I'm on the board of a number of nonprofits here locally. but then sometimes that is we need someone who has a particular set of skills. And that particular set of skills needs to be hired. And so how do you get that without asking for donations and then, hoping that you meet the goal every year so the conference can, on one of the local nonprofits that I, I'm a part of, we put on a, a local, neighborhood fest, And. Every year it is hand to mouth trying to see if we're gonna make it or get enough money to make sure that we can do everything that we want to do. Renting the stage food, so on and so forth. So like, there's definitely something to be said about having an event and making it self-sustaining so that you don't have to worry about that part and you can focus on making the event better year after year, after.
Jace: Yeah, I mean, self-sustaining would be the best outcome that this could have. But that's hard to achieve. right now we're operating at super lean because I don't wanna spend more money than I have to. We're still at over a thousand dollars spent already, and that's not including the people's time that people put in, and I would love to give money or give some sort of compensation to every speaker, to every person. I'm sorry if that's picking up on the mic. My dog is.
Duke: That's okay. He's got something to say.
Jace: He is got something to say. He's, he's unhappy with the situation of, of, of non self-sustaining conferences. but no, I mean, this year, totally peer intent, no bias, no outside money. Next year, I'm definitely gonna be using some of the details that I was asking when people registered because like I asked a couple questions like, what's your relationship to ServiceNow? Are you new to service? Are, are you expect, you know, exploring ServiceNow? Are you a customer? Are you a partner? Do you work at ServiceNow? Right? So like those kinds of questions and like, where do you work? And that kind of stuff I think is really gonna be useful if I go to, if we go to seek sponsorship next year. Because then it'll tell those people who would give money what eyeballs would be in front of whatever it is they wanna share.
Duke: Have you looked into GoFundMe or.
Jace: I haven't,
Duke: a donation platform and just have itself.
Jace: I, I haven't, I just wanted to self-fund this first one. So there wasn't any expectation of anybody for money stuff. But I think the biggest cost is the time that people put in.
Duke: Yeah. building things definitely costs time,
Jace: Well, right, and then what is your time worth? Like right now, I'm putting in at least four hours a week on
Duke: Mm-hmm.
Jace: Right.
Duke: Yep.
CJ: Yeah, and you've announced it, way back what? Beginning of the summer. So you know, you've probably been putting in four plus hours a week on it for several months at this point. plus everyone else that you have helping you out and, and, and the amount of time that they're putting into it and the speakers to Rob's point, right? The speakers and getting, polishing up their, whatever they're building and whatever their, talking points are and things of that nature, right? I, there's a lot of time that goes into this stuff and as far the, the benefit of the larger community and man, I just can't say how. You know, happy and proud I am of you, of you, of doing this, something like this. Like this is major, the give back dude, and it is, is incredible.
Jace: Thank you. Wouldn't it be possible without the people helping me, like Jeff, Jesse, Kalisha Moore, Chuck Tomasi, Carlene Carter, Justin Meadows, Slava, SI can't think of the other names. Anybody I'm missing there, Jeff?
Jeff: Courtney Brewster.
Jace: Courtney. Yep. Wouldn't be possible without her either.
Jeff: Her being able to design all the social stuff, , with Carlene really made things realistic. It gave the speaker something to share for their sessions, allowed us to share early. cause I'm like, Jace, I don't have design skills. if AI can't create it for me, it's not happening.
CJ: Huh, me too, man. you know what would be really interesting? After the conference wraps, , if you, , come back together and you do it behind the scenes that this is what it took to actually get this going. these are the people who are involved and you have, you know, and it doesn't even have to be a aligning, this could be just things that you guys kind of record and stitch together. But it's like, you know, Jeff, you just mentioned about the social aspect and you know, and having someone who, you know, has that ability. Jason mentioned like the, the website and having someone who can do that and so on and so, right. All these things that are largely invisible to folks who show up and attend a conference. And you know, just really talking through like how those things come to be and the skill sets that they took and, the evolution of it.
Jace: Yeah, I'd love to have one of those discussions after the fact. Like I said, I, I did made a post a few weeks ago and I tagged, Nick. TI like the one of. The top guys at ServiceNow cause I was looking up something on, was it 2020 threes conference where he was speaking and he had, stopped for a moment to thank all of the people who made the knowledge event. I think of 2023 or 2024, what it is, and she, he had like named names and stuff and I expressed like I have such a deeper empathy for that kind of thankfulness that, gratitude he showed to those individuals because it takes a village.
CJ: Yeah, absolutely. I know Nick shout Nick t uh, Nick's amazing. the time he puts into this community is great.
Duke: All right, we're at 38 minutes of record. if you're interested in attending the Null Edge conference, the website is www.thenulledge.com. We'll also have a link in the description free below. Jace. Jeff, any final words for those who are interested in the conference?
Jace: Share with your friends, share with your coworkers. Convince your boss. It's worth taking the day off 'cause there's so much good content and there'll be live components that you won't be able to do after the fact, even if the sessions are recorded.
Jeff: And even if you're not able to attend, still share with your friends. all free. Attend what you want. hopefully everybody learns something new and we're just trying to give back to the community.
CJ: Love it. Love it. Jace. Jeff, thank you so much for coming on. It's great having you on the show. And uh, yeah, I can't wait to attend. I'm looking forward to it. I've got my whole day blog. So,
Duke: Same here. Can't wait.
CJ: Yeah, it's gonna be awesome.
Duke: All right. God speed guys.