It has revolutionised our lives, made cars lighter, food fresher, and water safer.
But at what cost?
In this episode we take a look at the history of plastic, and ask ourselves what comes next.
- Elephants, combs and billiard balls - how plastic was invented
- Throwaway living in the 1950s
- How much plastic waste exists in the world?
- How much plastic do we eat?
- Recycling plastic
- The 5 countries that are responsible for the plastic in the oceans
- New non-plastic options
- A simple solution to the plastic problem
Full transcript and key vocabulary available on the website www.leonardoenglish.com/podcasts/plastic
Join the conversation:
- Join the Learn English with Podcasts community: www.facebook.com/groups/learnenglishwithpodcasts
What is English Learning for Curious Minds?
Are you looking for a more interesting way to to learn English?
English Learning for Curious Minds is where you can learn English from native speakers while learning fascinating things about the world.
Every episode comes with a transcript & key vocabulary and is spoken at a speed you can understand.
Join listeners from 155 countries and discover the most interesting way to improve your English while expanding your mind.
Find the bonus episodes, transcripts, key vocabulary, and learning materials at www.leonardoenglish.com