Nathan is a blockchain expert who designed the Minespider protocol and has facilitated blockchain workshops as a visiting expert for the UNECE and the World Economic Forum. He has been featured in Bloomberg, Forbes, Huffington Post, and Wired Germany.
In this episode, I dug into the problem of tracing supply chain sources for minerals, why blockchain technology helps with this problem and how entrepreneurs can get funding for emerging technology that is too early and high risk for traditional VCs.
- [7.46] - How has blockchain space changed due to Bitcoin and what are the top trends you are seeing in blockchain technology?
- [12:47] - Where are the opportunities for blockchain for the corporate market?
- [14:48] - What problem does Minespider solve and for whom?
- [17:30] - Why is blockchain the best technology to solve the supply chain transparency problem and who is this valuable to?
- [20:30] - How did you identify the business model? Are customers willing to pay for this transparency?
- [23:40] - Where should entrepreneurs go to get funding for high-risk emerging tech?
- [28:21] - What does a European grant fund look for?
- [29:53] - How has covid impacted what you do?
- [31:54] - What metrics do you use to evaluate blockchain technology-based companies?
- [33:05] - Who else is solving this problem and how is Minespider different?
- [42:24] - Does including supply chain information add a significant cost to the final cost of the product?
- [43:24] - What are the applications of your current Minespider blockchain protocol?
What is The European Startup Show?
To inspire technology entrepreneurs in Europe with stories and practical strategies from other successful entrepreneurs.
If you are a CEO, founder, or work in sales or marketing, and your company is based in Europe or is looking to expand into Europe, then this podcast is for you.