In this episode, Eric Ries and I talk all about COVID-19 and how early-stage founders can weather the storm and come out on the other side even stronger . Specifically in this episode, Eric dives into:
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs and how founders can apply to this situation
- Priorities for founders in a demanding time
- How founders can become calm in order to make the hard decisions
- How founders can increase revenue instead of reducing costs (laying people off)
- The responsibility of organizations large and small to contribute and help
- How your company failing could be a good thing, you'll only know in hindsight.
- How any founder can get involved and help fight the virus and lower the spread
Links mentioned in the podcast:
What is Forward Thinking Founders ?
Forward Thinking Founders is a podcast where Mat interviews high potential founders with early stage companies. This allows us to see inside the brain of genius founders before the rest of the world knows they even exist. On this show, you'll learn all about how to start a startup, pros and cons of different verticals, and learn the backstory and vision of tomorrow's billion-dollar companies, straight from the founders. With guests coming from Y Combinator, The Thiel Fellowship, Pioneer, and the Growthmeter network, you're sure to get a sneak peek at world-class founders at work, every day. This is Forward Thinking Founders.