It's a clash of wills this week in Disney travel news as healthy eating goes head-to-head with decadent delights at Walt Disney World. Which one will win the battle?
Disney Springs is embracing 2022 with a focus on health and wellness, including complimentary group fitness classes on select Wednesdays and Fridays in January. Each class will begin at 9:00 a.m. and will take place in Town Center near Ever After Jewelry Co. & Accessories.
- January 12 – Warrior One Yoga presented by lululemon
- January 19 – HIIT Workout Class presented by Under Armour
- January 26 – Orlando Power Yoga presented by Fabletics
- January 21 – Warrior One Yoga presented by lululemon
- January 28 – HIIT Workout Class presented by Under Armour
It’s also important to eat a well-balanced diet. Disney Springs has plenty of great food, and that includes healthier option menu items.
Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC – Focus on diners with gluten, dairy, egg, and soy sensitivities, the health-minded, and those with allergies (especially kids) who can't find good food. Everything here is vegan, gluten-free and promises to be delicious.
Frontera Cocina – The Taqueria Ensalada features Arcadian lettuce, poblano rajas, carrot, radish, avocado, tortilla strips, Cotija cheese and an avocado-lime vinaigrette-grilled chicken breast or the Mojo garlic grilled shrimp can also be added.
Planet Hollywood – The Hollywood Bowl is a standout salad that features Romaine lettuce, house-roasted turkey breast, hard-boiled egg, avocado, Roma tomato, and cucumber. It comes with bacon, swiss cheese and croutons, but you can omit those if you’re aiming for a lower calorie meal. While the recommended dressing is Thousand Island, feel free to swap in a balsamic vinaigrette if desired.
The Polite Pig – The Polite Caesar and Cobb Salads (without bacon) are satisfying bets, while the Chicken Salad Wrap is great for those who want a handheld option. There are even healthy choices for little ones including the Roast Smoked Turkey Breast and Grilled Skinless Chicken Breast.
Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant – This Shepherd Went Vegan is a plant-based Shepherd’s Pie, and the Raglan Risotto is a vegetarian dish that spotlights wild mushrooms, glazed baby vegetables, tarragon and shaved parmesan. Raglan Road is also celebrated by those with gluten sensitivities as many of their popular menu items are gluten-free.
Yesake – The Tofu Power Bowl is a hearty mix of organic tofu, avocado, spinach, carrot, cabbage, cucumber, tempura crunch and wasabi ponzu. Best of all? Guests can modify it to your liking.
Foodie Guide 2022 Epcot International Festival of the Arts
Running from January 14 through February 21, 2022 the EPCOT International Festival of the Arts will showcase visual, culinary and performing arts from across the globe.
Here's the long awaited Foodie Guide to the EPCOT International Festival of the Arts!
Pop Eats! (Near Port of Entry)
- Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese
- Tomato Soup with Bacon, Apple, and Brie Grilled Cheese (New)
- Almond Frangipane Cake layered with raspberry jam and Belgian chocolate
- Pop’t Art: Modern-designed sugar cookie with chocolate-hazelnut filling
- Figment Premium Popcorn Bucket with Rainbow Popcorn (New)
- Hazy IPA
- Tomato Soup Can Bloody Mary
- Deconstructed BLT: Crispy pork belly, soft-poached egg, brioche, watercress espuma, tomato jam
- Deconstructed French Onion Soup: Beef broth ravioli, Gruyère espuma, onion bread pudding, and onion textures (New)
- Deconstructed Key Lime Pie: Flexible Key lime curd, “Key lime” mousse, graham cracker cake, and meringues (Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine – Green) (New)
- Deconstructed Apple Pie à la Mode: Apple-cinnamon gelato, cinnamon apple cider, apple pie filling, and streusel (non-alcoholic) (New)
- Brown Ale
- Dulce Chocolate Mousse with chocolate crémeux and dark chocolate truffle (New)
- Decadent Valrhona Chocolate with dark chocolate mousse, chocolate brownie, and cassis mousse (New)
- Orange Mousse with lemon cake and raspberry meringues (New)
- Strawberry Blonde Nitro
- Vanilla Porter
- Milk Stout
- Neapolitan Beer Flight
- Cast Iron-roasted P.E.I. Mussels with Sautéed Tomatoes, Garlic, and Fresh Herbs (New)
- Cast Iron-seared Steelhead Trout with parsley salad, grape tomatoes, Kalamata olives, capers, and lemon aïoli (New)
- Wheat Beer
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wine Flight
- Plant-based Bratwurst with spicy turmeric aïoli, coffee barbecue jackfruit, and slaw (Plant-based)
- Artist Palette Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Blue Raspberry Blonde Ale
- Nairobi Coffee Dark Beer
- Brown Ale
- Red Wine-braised Beef Short Rib with parsnip purée, broccolini, baby tomatoes, and aged balsamic
- Wild Boar Cassoulet with duck confit, ham hock, and wild boar sausage (New)
- Opera Cake: Almond joconde, coffee buttercream, and chocolate ganache
- Rosé Hard Cider
- Rosé Blonde Ale
- Frozen Rosé
- A Play on Rosé Flight
- Old Vine Rosé
- Beef Wellington: Mushroom duxelle, prosciutto, and puff pastry with red wine demi-glace and baby vegetables
- Pan-seared Scallops with vanilla-butternut squash purée, brown butter cauliflower purée, and lime foam (Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine – Orange)
- Pistachio Cake with cherry mousse and morello cherries
- Sipping Chocolate Flight: White, milk, and dark chocolate (non-alcoholic)
- White Ale
- Amber Ale
- Brown Ale
- Pinot Noir
- Symphony in Chocolate Flight: Cream liqueurs paired with Sipping Chocolates
- Beer Flight
- Carrots Three Ways: Berbere-spiced grilled carrots, pickled carrots, and carrot ginger purée (Plant-based) (New)
- House-made Crispy Almond Phyllo Pockets with white chocolate pomegranate and milk chocolate orange (New)
- Chai Tea Mint Mimosa: Twinings of London Chai Tea with Key lime sparkling wine and mint
- Sangria Hard Cider
- Chai Hard Cider
- Berry Hard Cider
- Cider Flight
- House-made Chorizo and Potato Empanada with turmeric aïoli and annatto aïoli (Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine – Yellow) (New)
- Spicy Ajiaco Soup with guajillo and árbol chili-spiced chicken, potato, avocado, corn, and crème fraîche (Gluten/Wheat Friendly) (New)
- Passion Fruit Mousse with Dragon Fruit Jam (Gluten/Wheat Friendly)
- Coconut and Passion Fruit Smoothie (non-alcoholic)
- Frozen Piña Colada
- Passion Fruit Daiquiri
- Gnocchi Poutine with red wine-braised beef, cheese curds, basil, and burrata (New)
- Artist Palette Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Blood Orange Cosmo: Vodka with blood orange, cranberry, and lime (New)
- Hard Cider
- Blood Orange-braised Beet Carpaccio with mustard vinaigrette, pickled clamshell mushrooms, golden beets, and crostini (Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine – Red) (Planted-based) (New)
- Roasted Bone Marrow with onion marmalade, pickled mushrooms, mache lettuce, and bone marrow snow (New)
- Wild Mushroom Risotto, Aged Parmesan, Truffle Shavings, and Zinfandel Reduction
- German Lager
- Cuvée Sparkling Wine
- Frozen Rusty Nail Cocktail
- Vanilla Donut with strawberry sugar, strawberry ice cream, fresh strawberries, and strawberry gele (Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine – Pink) (New)
- Inside Out Donut: Vanilla donut with Bavarian cream (New)
- Chocolate-dipped Donut with black and gold sugar sprinkles and chocolate buttercream ((New)
- Cold Fashion Coffee Cocktail
- Crème de Brie en Petit Pain: Warm creamy brie in a house-made bread bowl
- Croissant à la Truffe Noire d’Hiver: Black winter truffle croissant served warm
- Mousseline de Bisque de Homard Froide, Brioche Feuilletée à l’Aneth: Chilled lobster bisque mousse served with dill brioche (New)
- Moelleux aux Noisettes et Chocolats Valrhona: Molten chocolate and hazelnut cake with pure origin Valrhona chocolates
- Frozen French Martini: Vodka, black raspberry liqueur, pineapple, orange, and grape juice with lemon-lime foam
- French Rosé Sparkling Wine
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sparkling Chardonnay
- Huarache Verde: Cilantro huarache with cochinita pibil, fresh pineapple, and pickled onion (New)
- Carne Asada: Seared beef tenderloin, grilled queso fresco, refried beans, scallion, and ranchera salsa (New)
- Taco de Chocolate: Chocolate candy shell filled with Mexican chocolate mousse with a touch of chile topped with seasonal fruit (Gluten/Wheat Friendly)
- Mexican Craft Beer: Crafted with citrus notes and made with Mexican Caribbean seawater
- The Lily: Blanco tequila, violet essence Infusion, rose petal liqueur, cranberry, and lime juice
- Smoky Raspberry: Blanco tequila, rosemary-infused mezcal, ginger cordial, lime juice, and rosemary aroma
- Chicken Kushiage: Breaded and fried chicken with yum yum sauce and vegetables (New)
- Sushi Donut: Donut-shaped sushi featuring salmon, tuna, shrimp, cucumber, and sesame seed over a decorated plate of wasabi aïoli, sriracha, and eel sauce
- Winter Ale
- Sake in a traditional personalized wooden cup
- Niseko Flurry: Sake, rum, white cranberry juice, blue curaçao, and lime juice (New)
- General Tso’s Chicken Shumai
- Char Siu Pork Bun
- “Panda” Bubble Tea: Classic milk tea with black and white boba (non-alcoholic)
- Jasmine Draft Beer
- Eastern Dynasty: Vodka, light rum, strawberry syrup, piña colada mix, soda water, and magic boba pearls
- Kung Fu Punch: Vodka, triple sec, mango syrup, orange juice, and soda water
- Sea Butterfly: Butterfly pea flower-infused cocktail with vodka, light rum, lychee syrup, magic boba pearls
- Arancini: Fried risotto balls stuffed with braised-beef and served with pomodoro sauce (New)
- Ravioli alla Boscaiola: Sweet sausage ravioli, mushrooms, caramelized onions, and creamy Parmesan sauce (New)
- Bomboloni: Chocolate-hazelnut Italian doughnut with powdered sugar (New)
- Peroni Pilsner
- Pinot Grigio
- Red Sparkling Wine
- Italian White Sangria with Prosecco
- Italian Red Sangria with Cabernet Sauvignon
- Italian Margarita with Tequila and Limoncello
- Amaretto Bellini: Amaretto, White Peach Purée, and Prosecco
- Bergamotto: Rosolio Liqueur, Prosecco, and Olive
- Cherry Blossom Funnel Cake: Chocolate chip funnel cake topped with cherry ice cream, rainbow whipped cream, chocolate chips, and a maraschino cherry (New)
- World Discovery (Near Mission: SPACE) – Mocha Masterpiece Cold Brew: A sweet creamy cold brew topped with whipped cream and chocolate puffs
- Canada – Colorful Canvas Cold Brew: A sweet creamy cold brew topped with whipped cream and fruity cereal
- World Showcase (Near Disney Traders) – Cinnamon Swirl Cold Brew: A sweet creamy cold brew topped with whipped cream and cinnamon squares
- The American Adventure – Rainbow Dreams Cold Brew: A sweet creamy cold crew topped with whipped cream and colorful marshmallow crunch
You Can Now Standby at Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
In Other Disney News: The Latest Disney Vacation Savings
Save up to 20% on select rooms for stays of 5 or more nights or 15% on 4-night stays from April 16 - June 5, 2022.
Fun in the Sun Spring and Summer Savings for Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
Thank You for Listening to the Disney Travel Podcast
Thank you very much for listening to this episode, Amelia and I hope that you enjoyed it. If you did, we would be very grateful if you could rate, review and subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts/iTunes (or on whichever app you choose to listen). A brief review about what you liked most about an episode truly helps to keep the show going by exposing it to new listeners. We look forward to continue producing new episodes each week.
Sharing the podcast with your friends and on social media is also extremely helpful and very much appreciated.
Shop 1923 Main Street
Feel free to visit our 1923 Main Street® Disney merchandise shop where we have hundreds of unique and original Disney-inspired t-shirts, leggings, clothing, mugs, phone cases and much more. You'll find everything from 1923 Main Street logo merchandise to custom created authentic Disney-inspired originals, including lots of great patterns for leggings and other items.
Contact 1923 Main Street
Thank you for listening to the Daddy Daughter Disney Travel Podcast at 1923MainStreet.com. As always, we love to get feedback and questions from our listeners and to hear your suggestions and ideas for future episodes.
Please be sure to follow along on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
Thank you for listening and have a magical day!
Mike Belobradic and Amelia Belobradic
Media provided by Jamendo
What is 1923 Main Street: The Disney Travel Podcast?
1923 Main Street® is a Disney travel podcast hosted by the father daughter team of Mike Belobradic and Amelia Belobradic. This is your source for the latest Disney travel news and what it all means for you.
Join Mike and Amelia for fun-filled informative discussions as they share the latest Disney travel news every week. Get the latest news for travel to Disney destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disney Vacation Club properties (including Disney Aulani in Hawaii and Disney's Vero Beach Resort in Florida), Disneyland Paris and more.
In each episode, Mike and Amelia discuss the very latest Disney travel from resort hotels, to Disney dining, VIP experiences, special events, theme parks and more. Mike has over 50 years of Disney travel experience, while Amelia brings a younger perspective to the table with 11+ years of Disney travel under her belt.
1923 Main Street: The Disney Travel Podcast was nominated for Best Leisure Podcast in the 2021 People's Choice Podcast Awards and Outstanding Kids and Family Series in the 2021 Canadian Podcast Awards.