For #InVinoFab podcast episode no. 31, we welcome Kristin Roe to share her story. Kristen is a leader in diversity, equity & inclusion practices within the child welfare sector in Ontario, Canada. It is through the lessons taught to her within grassroots social justice movements that have been the most profound in her knowledge & understanding of inequities in systems & structures. We talk open water swimming, systems, and more.
- Open Water Swimming
- Swim the strait
- Kristin's Long Swims record
- The Stephen Lewis Foundation
- Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS Research Alliance (SAHARA)
- Exploring the challenges of HIV/AIDS
- The Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia - May 17th
- Shout out to U of Guelph’s Res Life Team!
- What do expect from a career as a Social Service Worker
- DiAngelo, R. (2011). White Fragility. The International Journal of Critical Pedagogy, 3(3), 54-70.
- A history of residential schools in Canada
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada
- The Tragically Hip
- Gord Downie
- Long Time Running (documentary)
- Gord Downie & Chanie Wenjack Fund (DWF)
- The Secret Path - album, graphic novel, & documentary
- If a story moves you, act on it | TED| Sisonke Msimang
- The Danger of a Single Story |TED| Chimamanda Adichie
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo
- Anti-Oppressive Social Work: Ways of Talking, Knowing, and Doing by Gary C. Dumbrill and June Ying Yee
- Spirit Bear and Children Make History by Cindy Blackstock & Eddy Robinson
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kristin_Roe
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kristin-roe-mad-ed-m-s-w-0205362/
What is The #InVinoFab Podcast?
The #InVinoFab Podcast uncorks to share stories about women+, wine, and work through personal stories. In Vino Fabulum, means: In Wine, Story! Co-hosts @ProfPatrice & @LauraPasquini bring different voices and ideas to the pod to challenge, learn, and engage listeners for issues and ideas impacting women in their communities and at work. These narrative episodes are delightfully paired with interesting projects, workplace experiences, helpful learning anecdotes, and creative discoveries for how women live today. Listen to the podcast and join the conversation at @InVinoFab (Instagram & Twitter).