Courtland Allen talks about the technical details of building Indie Hackers
Courtland Allen is the founder of Indie Hackers, a community for people who want to start bootstrapped and profitable businesses. It was acquired by Stripe in 2017.
- Why a SPA was the wrong choice
- Caching strategies
- Using firebase and algolia
- Fighting spam
- Why he hasn't hired another engineer
- Focusing on the right problems
- Being a part of Stripe
- Indie Hackers
- How to Build a Life You Love by Quitting Everything Else with Lynne Tye of Key Values (One of Courtland's favorite podcast episodes)
- Ember (SPA framework)
- Ember fastboot (Server Side Rendering)
- Firebase (Authentication provider and NoSQL database)
- Algolia (Provides search for posts)
- Render (Web Host)
- Dribbble (Site to find design inspiration)
- Egghead (Developer video courses, got started selling zip files of videos to mailing lists)
- Balsamiq (Wireframing tool, added inspirational quotes to their loading screen so that people wouldn't complain about loading time)
- Dan Luu (Popular tech blog with no styling)
What is Software Sessions?
Practical conversations about software development.