Apple clarifies whether an iPad can be used as a HomeKit hub in iPadOS 16, Aqara updates their M1S hub, we hosts discuss HomeKit light switches, MagSafe chargers, our favorite thermostats, and the M2 MacBook Pro.
- SwitchBot: Save up to 40% off during the 7 Days of SwitchBot! Shop now, including their new HomeKit smart plug at:switch-bot.com/homekit
- Kolide: Send your employees automated Slack messages with security and privacy recommendations! Get a FREE Kolide Gift Bundle after trial activation when you visit: kolide.com/homekit
- Nebia by Moen: 🚿 Save 10% off Nebia products when using the promo code: HomeKit. Visit nebia.com/homekitto learn more.
Links from the show
- The iPad will continue to function as a Home hub in iPadOS 16 - with limitations
- Aqara Releases Updated M1S Hub
- Fibaro Door/Window HomeKit-enabled Contact Sensor
- Belkin 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Stand with MagSafe
- Wemo WiFi Light Switch Smart Dimmer
- 13-inch MacBook Pro with M2 review: Incremental upgrade and unexciting
- Eve Outdoor Cam
- ecobee Smart Thermostat Premium with Siri
What is HomeKit Insider?
Learn about the latest HomeKit devices, news, reviews, and more on HomeKit Insider. Our hosts Andrew O'Hara and Stephen Robles discuss how-to's, automations, integrating Siri Shortcuts, and review their recent HomeKit projects.