On #InVinoFab episode no. 51, we chat with Echo Rivera about how she creates and encourages others to design more meaningful stories with our data and presentations.
Here are a few things we chatted about on this episode of the #InVinoFab pod:
- Eluveitie (folk metal) www.eluveitie.ch/
- Latest Album => Ategnatos: open.spotify.com/album/0L3yGcpTb2wxAZSjYDB1US
- What is Community Psychology? Systems, Institutions, and Policies… Oh My!
- Cyclo-cross en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclo-cross
- Stellar Slides in 5 Course: www.echorivera.com/ssin5 or more
- Look for images first, and consider how you might use them to improve your creativity and visual presentations
- Look -- stick figures = art: xkcd www.xkcd.com/
- Templates are NOT the solution! NO! Not good! Ever!
- Depict Data Studio depictdatastudio.com/ from Ann K. Emery
- Storytelling with Data www.storytellingwithdata.com/ from Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic
- Stephanie Evergreen - Data Visualization stephanieevergreen.com/
- Better Presentations by Jonathan Schwabish policyviz.com/better-presentations/
- Snarky Cross-Stitch (patterns) peacockandfig.com/product-tag/snarky-patterns/
- Go to drink: Sleepy Time Tea OR Cream Soda!
- Should you invest in professional development training to make better presentations? 7 things to consider www.echorivera.com/blog/consider-this
- Shout out and love to the Public Library! Go visit yours...now! Support Your Public Library!
What is The #InVinoFab Podcast?
The #InVinoFab Podcast uncorks to share stories about women+, wine, and work through personal stories. In Vino Fabulum, means: In Wine, Story! Co-hosts @ProfPatrice & @LauraPasquini bring different voices and ideas to the pod to challenge, learn, and engage listeners for issues and ideas impacting women in their communities and at work. These narrative episodes are delightfully paired with interesting projects, workplace experiences, helpful learning anecdotes, and creative discoveries for how women live today. Listen to the podcast and join the conversation at @InVinoFab (Instagram & Twitter).