Before we started talking about online mistakes (in episode no. 34), Jeff & Laura went off on a Country Music tangent, due to Ken Burns upcoming documentary series - Country Music - that is coming on on Sunday, September, 2019.
- Country Music - Documentary Trailer https://www.pbs.org/video/trailer-country-music-ken-burns/
- Watch the 8-part series from September 15-October 6, 2019 online here: https://video.kera.org/show/country-music/
- The Brothers Burns - The Keepers | The Kitchen Sisters http://www.kitchensisters.org/present/the-brothers-burns-a-conversation-with-filmmakers-ken-ric-burns/
- Rhiannon Giddens - Ruby https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV6Xs-0jmeQ
- Bones and Banjo: Confronting Cultural Appropriation https://www.ted.com/talks/kafari_jake_hoffman_bones_and_banjo_confronting_cultural_appropriation
- Don’t have 10,000 hours to learn something new? That’s fine — all you need is 20 hours https://ideas.ted.com/dont-have-10000-hours-to-learn-something-new-thats-fine-all-you-need-is-20-hours/
- Come From Away https://comefromaway.com/
- Ongoing History of New Music https://edge.ca/show/the-ongoing-history-of-new-music/
- NPR Throughline Also talked about the Country Music Doc with Ken Burns: Three Chords and the Truth https://www.npr.org/2019/09/11/759839035/three-chords-and-the-truth
What is BreakDrink Podcast?
BreakDrink is an occasional chat with Jeff Jackson and Laura Pasquini about life, work, and random stuff. There’s a good chance you’ll hear these co-hosts talk about their thoughts on current events, ukuleles, the NBA, podcasts, higher ed, rescue dogs, research, books, technology, and tacos… not in any particular order. They may even invite a friend to the pod to chat. Really, it’s a podcast to encourage you to take a break from the day and have a friend fill your cup.