This week, the mayor gave the state of the city, and like city council meetings, you probably didn’t watch it. We’ll tell you the important parts, plus our first look at next year’s tax increase. Which will, definitely, be an increase.
- Mayor slams province, praises region, in State of the City address
- Edmonton Mayor Sohi blasts province in state of city address
- Mayor Amarjeet Sohi State of The City 2022 (PDF)
- Sohi says latest LRT attack 'really scares people away' from transit, asks for provincial help
- CTLA news release
- Edmonton heads toward tough budget with steep tax increases or deep service cuts
- Edmonton considers spending millions more on snow clearing
What is Speaking Municipally?
Taproot Edmonton presents a weekly discussion on key stories in municipal politics. We pay attention to City Council so you don't have to! Join us as we delve into conversations about the context surrounding decisions made at City Hall.