My guest today is Michelle Milbourn. With over 20 years of executive search and recruitment experience, Michelle has successfully placed candidates in over 140 VC and private-equity-backed European headquartered companies. She shares her experience of what top companies get right in hiring and what they get wrong.
- [2:35] - How has tech hiring been affected by covid and where are you seeing hiring picking up again?
- [5:50] - What is a typical hiring process like? How do you find the right hire for a role?
- [9:28] - When should founders be thinking of making the key commercial team hires?
- [11:12] - What is the toughest role to fill today?
- [13:23] - How do founders/CEO think of candidates with unconventional backgrounds and what is your view on it?
- [15:09] - How do you motivate a candidate to join a startup?
- [17:32] - How important is diversity and inclusion for startups? What are you hearing differently today?
- [20:04] - What are the differences in the hiring traits between the companies that are most successful and those that are less successful?
- [25:46] - Why do I need a recruiting agency? Why can’t I just use Linkedin? When do I need a recruiting agency?
- [29:38] - What should founders and CEOs know about finding the right recruiting firm?
- [31:57] - How are recruiting agencies compensated?
What is The European Startup Show?
To inspire technology entrepreneurs in Europe with stories and practical strategies from other successful entrepreneurs.
If you are a CEO, founder, or work in sales or marketing, and your company is based in Europe or is looking to expand into Europe, then this podcast is for you.