I speak with Stevie Ghiassi. Stevie wears a number of hats, and most recently he published the viral book Blockchain for Lawyers. Rather than talking about the ins-and-outs of blockchain technology, instead we try to answer the question: why lawyers and law firms should care about blockchain technology and smart contracts? And, how the technology will impact the profession in the future.
- Stevie's journey into legal technology
- How and why Legaler founded
- The issue of access to justice, and how Legaler Aid aims to create a more accountable & transparent solution to this problem
- What is the blockchain and why does it matter
- The biggest change in trust, and how this will disrupt the nature of legal work
- Thinking about the speed of transactions on the blockchain, and the upcoming public network Legaler is working on
- The idea of global ID based on the blockchain
- Australia as the hotbed of legal technology
Please subscribe, and if you enjoyed the episode help me by leaving a review.
If you have questions, comments, or feedback then please tweet to me @WhoIsAbS with #FringeLegal or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Fringe Legal?
Fringe Legal is a podcast discussing the future of the legal profession. Aimed at law firm leaders and influencers, each episode is a thoughtful discussion with a diverse range of voices about ideas impacting the evolution of the legal profession.
Along the way, we’ll learn about challenges to be overcome, what’s worked in the past, and expert tips on what could make a difference in the future.