• Ann Rohmer is with Cathryn Hoy – President of the Ontario Nurses’ Association. Their discussion includes the shortages of nurses, with many leaving the profession. The Ontario Nurses Association and other nursing groups have urged the government to repeal legislation that capped wage increases for public sector workers -- including nurses -- for three years, saying it would help with recruitment and retention.
• Tina Cortese speaks with the chair of Internationally Trained Physicians of Ontario – Dr. Makini McGuire-Brown about how the province can make accreditation for internationally trained doctors easier, and ease the crisis in healthcare.
• Kevin Frankish has part two of Kevin’s series, we meet some of the 911 dispatchers
Tina Cortese looks into senior's security with Rose Catalano – managing director at GEMS security systems about security options for seniors living alone.
• Jim Lang talks with Terry Bowman, the Manufacturing and Supply Chain Leader at 3M Canada about 3M’s latest study that revealed an overwhelming 96 per cent of Canadians agree that the country's workforce needs more skilled trades workers.
• Shaliza Bacchus is with Toronto-based TikToker Taylor Lindsay-Noel. Taylor Lindsay-Noel has joined a growing chorus of social-media personalities who have gained followings on TikTok for restaurant reviews. As a quadriplegic, though, what makes her videos distinctive is her focus on going beyond the food, bringing the restaurant’s accessibility — or lack of same — to the forefront.
What is The FEED?
THE FEED is a weekly news magazine that goes behind the scenes and into more depth on the stories we have reported throughout the week or presents stories that need more time to tell. Hosted by Ann Rohmer, hear compelling interviews, local stories and local personalities - listen to The Feed weekly for the stories of York Region.