Eman Zabi talks about the importance of market research, how to re-engage lost leads, and why building a business on word of mouth is terrifying and fantastic.
“We decided that we wanted to create a physical product and we created the conversion kits, pre-sold them, and shipped them out this year. And I think having that kind of space is really important to find new things to do and stay relevant and stay top of mind. But, also, to kind of change the way people think of you. You’re not just a service provider after that, you’re somebody who’s innovating in your industry and innovating in your niche and I think that really helps you get to the point where you're booked out. It helps you get to the point where you’re able to charge rates beyond what you would've imagined when you were just starting out.” ~ @eman_zabi
- Until you’ve interviewed your audience or done message mining, you haven’t done the proper market research. Don’t put marketing spend behind feelings and hunches about what your audience wants or needs.
- When you’re launching a product or writing any sort of persuasive copy, always use the voice of your customer.
- A powerful strategy for writing persuasive copy is finding your audience’s biggest pain points and positioning your service as the solution to those problems.
- If you’re trying to re-engage lapsed leads, pitch a solution for one of the problems they previously expressed. Adding free value is a great way to secure clients.
- Having a word of mouth business is terrifying because it means you can’t track when you will get your next client. Rather than constantly putting energy towards prospecting, innovate in your space and work on building your reputation so prospecting becomes easier.
Links and Important Mentions
- The Scribesmith
- Eman Zabi on Twitter
- Eman Zabi on Instagram
- Terrain: Join the Terrain waitlist and use code JASON 100 to get $100 off your first course
Stay in Touch
What is Live In The Feast?
Live In The Feast is a seasonal podcast for developers and designers looking to discover their niche to build recurring revenue. So that they can live the life that they want and ultimately reach the goals of why they started their own business in the first place. Each season will be a theme specific to your business. And each episode features a guest who's been there before and achieved success. You'll get actionable takeaways for you to implement in your business immediately after each show. No fluff, no pie in the sky dreaming, this is real-life examples and takeaways for you.