This episode is part of the Summer of AI series presented by AILeader.info. AILeader.info makes the abstract actionable by helping you stay on the cutting edge with 3-minute masterclasses that teach you what you need to know about AI in just 3 minutes or less. To join, go to AILeader.info
- Got key people to be successful.
- Curriculum alignment
- Instructional rigor
- advanced models for schools
- Teacher Planning - is the source of what teachers are doing.
- Is ChatGPT the best for lesson planning?
- More advanced models exist.
- Machine Learning will actually remember the moves and methods of a teacher.
- Almost like having a coach built into your model.
- Bard with Google
- ASU+GSV conference
- FineTune - If you’re serious, you need better language models.
- Provides references to everything that it creates.
- School districts can go in with more confidence because there is less bias.
- AI is going to be the path.
- Dual challenge for school districts - figure out a policy on AI
- Don’t worry about AI taking your job, worry about the person who knows AI taking your job.
- You can control AI and put parameters around it.
- Intervention plans for students at the completion of a lesson.
- The human element goes into what are the rules you’re telling the AI to do.
- Make a strategic plan to get AI out there in a sensible way.
- AI models in SEL
- 90% of the time
- Teaching people how to be good prompt engineers
- Explain it to me like you’re a consultant.
- Jasper for Copywriting
- Machine Learning - it learns what you’re looking for.
- Mazy pulls from four different types of sources
- How to be careful about what you adopt.
- How this should be impacting teaching and learning.
- People are thinking that kids are cheating.
- Aligning to the 21st century world of work. Global achievement gap.
- What are the skills kids are going to need?
- Kids need the assistance of a teacher when they are stuck.
- Why wouldn’t we have AI take the place of teachers if the AI can do it better?
- What is a teacher going to be in the future?
- We had a chance to make a real impact
- Just design a great lesson.
- #1 thing that catches kids up 3 years in 1 year - is feedback.
- Ego-involved feedback vs. task-involved feedback.
- Data’s getting stale - 48 hours
- How to make sure teachers have time to do what they need.
About Scott Neil
Dr. Scott Neil is a nationally recognized expert in the area of school turnaround with a focus on Data-Driven Instruction and instructional leadership. With a Ph.D. in Educational Leadership and 20 years of school and district leadership experience in urban education, Scott has led the turnaround of five different urban schools in Florida over his 31-year career in education. Dr. Neil spent six years working as a national subject matter expert, training facilitator, and principal coach with the national nonprofit organization New Leaders, whose mission is to prepare educators to become transformational school principals across eleven cities within the United States. Scott founded LEAD180 in 2014 to help provide support to schools across the country in the area of instructional planning and the alignment to the Cognitive Rigor of College and Career Ready Standards.
Bringing a unique combination of deep experience as both a practitioner and researcher in the field of school leadership within high poverty school settings, Scott has trained and mentored over 400 principals, 400 emerging school leaders, and over 5,000 teachers over the course of his career.
Support our Sponsors
SchoolAI: The Classroom Operating System:
Help your teachers save 10 hours a week. Sign up for a free account and see new AI-generated experiences that will change the way you teach.Scrible:
Worried about AI Plagiarism? Take the high road and improve your students' skills before they feel the need to cheat with this modern research and writing platform for schoolFocalPointK12
: Manage student portfolios that they can take with them with blockchain technology and AI assisted grading. Listen to our interview with the founder and chief learning officer here.
What is Transformative Principal?
Jethro Jones interviews instructional leaders from around the nation to learn and teach what it takes to become a transformative principal. Episodes address topics like Response to Intervention (RTI), Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS), Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS), the latest advances in educational research, standards-based grading, and interviews with industry leaders like Bill Daggett, Rick Wormeli, Todd Whitaker and even people outside the education like Seth Godin, JeVon McCormick, Liz Wiseman, and more.