When building your personal brand, it’s a non-negotiable to be true to yourself and leverage your own story. So it goes without saying that how you show up online should be in tune with who you are offline.
● How she lives as a vintage pin-up
● Adapting her services to respond to the demands of the creative economy and the pandemic situation
● How she approaches her photography service as a total branding experience
● The Fear Factor of education and why it comes naturally for her to loop her clients in on how and why she works the way she does
● The origins of MwahTV and how it helps people create content they want to, not just content they think they should be producing
● Why she humanizes her brand by inserting rough footage and blooper reels in her videos
● The different themes of her personal brand (cocktails, music, Suki the cat, traveling, and feminism)
● How she maintains her authenticity while keeping some content topics off-limits
● Her YouTube growth and content marketing best practices
● A loophole she found in YouTube forecasting
● Sonic Branding and examples of brands who are doing it really well
● Struggles she faced as a creative and the importance of speaking up about anxiety and depression as a creative entrepreneur
● Her advice on being realistic with your time and being open to adapt and modify what you’re doing
● Her mantra on being happy to fail
Mentioned in this episode:
BDM Podcast Interview with Michael Janda: [link when episode goes live]
McDonalds Whistle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE1B3N_a7fE
For more of Laura’s work, head on over to her channels:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head on over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
Discount Code: “PHILIP50”
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.
What is Brand Design Masters Podcast?
The Brand Design Masters Podcast with Philip VanDusen is dedicated to helping you build the skills you need to design bullet-proof brands - for yourself, your business and for the clients and customers you serve.
In every episode, Philip, his co-hosts and interview guests will share inspiration, ideas, trends and techniques that will lift you to greater heights as a creative professional or entrepreneur - so you can build a successful creative practice, business and personal brand in the Creative Economy.