The supremacy, fall, and return of Gaius Marius, one of the most debated men in Roman history.
One way to respond when you’re being undermined
The problem with putting off legitimate political complaints
Marius, Drusus, and the beginning of the Social War
Sulla, Marius, and the beginning of the Civil War
Marius’ harrowing escape
The prophecy about Marius’ 7 consulships
The Bloody Return of Marius
But Marius, usually master of the political narrative, ended up having his story written by his political rivals. What was the true character of this surprisingly elusive figure?
- One way to respond when you’re being undermined
- The problem with putting off legitimate political complaints
- Marius, Drusus, and the beginning of the Social War
- Sulla, Marius, and the beginning of the Civil War
- Marius’ harrowing escape
- The prophecy about Marius’ 7 consulships
- The Bloody Return of Marius
- Thanks to our sponsor - ideamarket.io - @ideamarket_io on twitter!
- Thanks to our guest narrator, Justin Murphy! visit otherlife.co, indiethinkers.org, or @jmrphy on twittter
What is Cost of Glory?
The most influential biographies ever written, admired by leaders, creators, soldiers, and thinkers for nearly 2,000 years: Plutarch’s Parallel lives. Essential listening for anyone striving after greatness. Alex Petkas, former professor of ancient philosophy and history, revives and dramatically retells these unforgettable stories for modern audiences. The subjects are statesmen, generals, orators, and founders; pious and profane, stoics and hedonists. The stakes bear on the future of Western civilization. The cost of glory is always great. Visit ancientlifecoach.com to find out more.