For #InVinoFab Ep. 60, we talk to Dr. Michelle Miller about our minds online and how we might need to do a few things offline to deal with teaching, learning, working, and more during the pandemic.
- Ravelry community: connect with EmEm
- Going Online in a Hurry: What to Do and Where to Start - 6 steps for remote instruction
- The Pomodoro Technique - start something for 25 minutes
- Pick 3 Things: What 3 things can you accomplish today?
- Reflection: Journaling (750words.com)
- Make a list (or many) to organize all the things
- TOPcast Podcast: Episode 63: Field Report #1: Making #RemoteTeaching Happen
- How Emotional Labor Affects Women's Careers
- Why Women Are Tired: The Price of Unpaid Emotional Labor
- What is Alt-Ac?
- Going Alt-Ac? How to Begin
- Can a textbook change your life? (Yes! Says Michelle)
- Fifteen must-read classic books on human psychology, and what I’m reading (and writing) next
- Listen: Tom Waits - Come On Up to the House
- We’re Corona Get Through This (Laura’s Spotify playlist)
- 5 Takeaways From My Covid-19 Remote Teaching - reflections after this remote work
- How to Make Smart Choices About Tech for Your Course
- Minds Online: Teaching Effectively with Technology by Michelle Miller
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- The Graduate Student Mess by Leonard Cassuto
- Designing Your Life by Bill Burnett & Dave Evans
- The Outlaw Ocean by Ian Urbina
- How to Hide an Empire by Daniel Immerwahr
What is The #InVinoFab Podcast?
The #InVinoFab Podcast uncorks to share stories about women+, wine, and work through personal stories. In Vino Fabulum, means: In Wine, Story! Co-hosts @ProfPatrice & @LauraPasquini bring different voices and ideas to the pod to challenge, learn, and engage listeners for issues and ideas impacting women in their communities and at work. These narrative episodes are delightfully paired with interesting projects, workplace experiences, helpful learning anecdotes, and creative discoveries for how women live today. Listen to the podcast and join the conversation at @InVinoFab (Instagram & Twitter).