In #InVinoFab podcast episode no. 37, we are joined by @DrHelenKara to talk about her work, life, and experiences with indie research, comics, and more! Helen Kara has been an independent researcher since 1999 and writes and teaches on research methods. She is not, and never has been, an academic, though she has learned to speak the language. In 2015 Helen was the first fully independent researcher to be conferred as a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences. She is also a Visiting Fellow at the UK's National Centre for Research Methods.
- Starting Your PhD [FREE] http://knowmorepublishing.com/
- Finished Your PhD: What You Need to Know http://knowmorepublishing.com/
- So You’re Thinking About a PhD? https://techknowtools.com/2014/05/01/so-youre-thinking-about-a-phd/
- Grounded Theory (Corbin & Strauss, 1990) https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF00988593
- -- Red flag technique: might be words like “always” or “never” absolute words signal
- Intersectionality Score Calculator https://intersectionalityscore.com/
- Rethinking Death - TED Radio Hour https://www.npr.org/programs/ted-radio-hour/464423367/rethinking-death
- Are you a Humanist? https://americanhumanist.org/what-is-humanism/
- Algorithms of Oppression: How Search Engines Reinforce Racism by Safiya U. Noble http://algorithmsofoppression.com/ Book Reivew => https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/impactofsocialsciences/2019/06/09/book-review-algorithms-of-oppression-how-search-engines-reinforce-racism-by-safiya-umoja-noble/
- Mastering the art of the narrative: using stories to shape public policy https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/impactofsocialsciences/2018/07/18/mastering-the-art-of-the-narrative-using-stories-to-shape-public-policy/
- Drama from health & safety - Goldstein & Wickett 2009
- Qualitative Interviewing Comic: Conversation with a Purpose https://helenkara.com/2018/06/12/conversation-with-a-purpose/
- Journal of Comics and Graphic Novels https://www.tandfonline.com/loi/rcom20
- Whizzer and Chips [archived] https://whizzerandchipscomic.blogspot.com/
What is The #InVinoFab Podcast?
The #InVinoFab Podcast uncorks to share stories about women+, wine, and work through personal stories. In Vino Fabulum, means: In Wine, Story! Co-hosts @ProfPatrice & @LauraPasquini bring different voices and ideas to the pod to challenge, learn, and engage listeners for issues and ideas impacting women in their communities and at work. These narrative episodes are delightfully paired with interesting projects, workplace experiences, helpful learning anecdotes, and creative discoveries for how women live today. Listen to the podcast and join the conversation at @InVinoFab (Instagram & Twitter).