Want to earn $100k for reading some bad poetry? Break into a 1Password Vault and it could all be yours! Pilar explains how 1Password is built around the core principles of privacy by design, cryptography, usability, and openness.
- Conor and Pilar frequently reference 1Password’s White Paper, which explains the security architecture and overall security philosophy of the company.
- Pilar mentioned the well known XKCD comic on password strength that popularized the comical phrase “correct horse battery staple”.
- 1Password’s Watchtower has many useful features related to monitoring the security of your account passwords and your use of two factor authentication (2FA).
- You can learn more about Troy Hunt’s Pwned Passwords API here and here. Also, check out Junade Ali’s post on the Cloudflare blog about why and how he proposed the Pwned Passwords API should use k-anonymity.
- Conor mentions the NIST special publication 800-63B, which contains password best practices.
- 1Password has a $100k bug bounty hosted on BugCrowd.
Canonical URL: https://allthingsauth.com/podcast/008-pilar-garcia-of-1password.
What is The All Things Auth Podcast?
Every 2 weeks, Conor Gilsenan hosts a conversation with creators, researchers, founders, and advocates who are working to improve the usability of security and privacy technologies.
Guests share what they are currently working on, how they got to where they are today, who they are trying to help, and what keeps them motivated to overcome challenges along the way.
The goal is for the rest of us to learn from their experiences and go on to promote usable security and privacy within our own projects and organizations.