Today’s co-host is Kaleigh Moore. Kaleigh is a freelance writer who specializes in blog content for e-commerce platforms, and the software that integrates with them. She’s also written for Forbes, Ad Week, and Glossy. Kaleigh also co-hosts the Creative Class podcast, and helps run the Creative Class online course with Paul Jarvis, a former co-host of Live In The Feast S03 E04. Definitely give that a listen.
"It took me a long time to figure out the clients I should pass on. It’s always a little bit difficult to figure out who’s going to be the best fit for your work style and your personality. So, it was a lot of trial and error for me."
- Who her ideal client is and how she got into that segment of the market.
- How she stays ahead of the industry and tweaks her business model to get in front of new audiences.
- Why she conducts exit interviews and how it’s changed her business.
- Be mindful of the fact that things are often changing and evolving. It’s your responsibility to evolve with your industry and to stay relevant to the people you’re working for. It helps if you follow your own interests and use that to expand your offerings and audience.
- Finding who you want to work with can be a lot of trial and error. Interest and expertise should drive these decisions.
- Exit surveys or interviews are invaluable in figuring out what to offer your clients moving forward, and sometimes allows you to expand your services in surprising and delightful ways for your clients.
Important Mentions in this Episode
- Kaleigh Moore
- Kaleigh Moore on Twitter
- Creative Class podcast
- Creative Class online course
- S03 Ep04 with Paul Jarvis
- Paul Jarvis
What is Live In The Feast?
Live In The Feast is a seasonal podcast for developers and designers looking to discover their niche to build recurring revenue. So that they can live the life that they want and ultimately reach the goals of why they started their own business in the first place. Each season will be a theme specific to your business. And each episode features a guest who's been there before and achieved success. You'll get actionable takeaways for you to implement in your business immediately after each show. No fluff, no pie in the sky dreaming, this is real-life examples and takeaways for you.