In this episode I'm joined by Jeremy Caplan.
Jeremy heads up The Tow-Knight Center for Entrepreneurial Journalism at CUNY. We discussed the current state of Entrepreneurial publishing, and the conversation was packed with fascinating insights and actionable pointers. A must listen if you're involved in a news startup or you have some ideas for your own venture.
According to Jeremy Caplan - more innovation and entrepreneurial journalism!
Jeremy is a pioneer in the emerging academic field of media innovation and in this episode he lays out how publishers can become more innovative and the most important emerging trends to capitalize on.
- Why publishing needs more innovation
- The Entrepreneurial Journalism Framework: Product, Community and Sustainability
- How to truly understand your audience
- Revenue and monetization strategies working right now
- How to leverage the power of email
- The potential of private messaging
- Key emerging trends
- Jeremy's top resources for entrepreneurial publishers
Check out the full write up on the episode here
What is Digital Media Growth Podcast?
The Digital Media Growth Podcast features leaders and experts in digital publishing - helping you stay on top of key industry trends while growing your audience and revenue. We interview experts each week who’ll cover how to deal with platforms, engage your readers, drive subscriptions and reader revenue and find new innovative ways to monetize. Brought to you by MobiLoud - the easiest way for publishers to create powerful native mobile apps.