In this episode, Adam continues his discussion with Sam Selikoff about building single page applications, this time focusing on strategies for keeping your API layer as simple as possible, so all of your complexity lives in your client-side codebase instead of being spread across both.
- Building an API without writing any controller code
- Thinking of your API like a database as much as possible
- Modeling everything on the server as a resource, including things like S3 upload signatures
- Using tools like Firebase to avoid writing an API entirely
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio and install Rollbar in your app to receive a $100 gift card for Open Collective
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.