Machinery Pete sits down with Ohio Hall of Fame auctioneer Kevin Wendt, owner of The Wendt Group and also Showpig.com. Kevin talks about his auction career, building these two growing businesses and also about how they purposefully give back in powerful ways, changing many lives for the better in the process.
- [:49] – Machinery Pete previews his interview with Kevin Wendt
- [4:54] - Tractor of the Week
- [7:25] - Interview with Kevin Wendt begins
- [8:14] - How Kevin got started with the Wendt Group and Showpig.com
- [16:25] - Kevin’s auctioneer influences
- [19:26] - How Kevin got into auctions instead of becoming a farmer
- [21:43] - The Showpig.com All-Star Camp
- [29:22] - The Hopewell Project
- [42:08] - Where will the auction industry be in 20 years?
- [50:12] - How to apply for the Showpig.com All-Star Camp
- [52:48] - Final words from Machinery Pete
What is Machinery Pete Podcast?
Welcome to the Machinery Pete Podcast hosted by Greg Peterson, known to the industry as Machinery Pete. For over 30 years, Greg has been a trusted source of knowledge in the farming equipment industry. Starting with a gut feeling, Greg set off to bring more and better data to the agriculture space. He’s been a voice you can trust, no matter where you’re listening or reading.
In this podcast, Greg will be sharing stories and conversations from around the industry. The kinds of conversations that are longer and more meaningful than just a few soundbites. He’ll be adding context and color to stories from good people that make up the agriculture space. He’ll also be sharing the types of insights, trends, farming news and used farm equipment values from around the country that you’ve come to expect from him.
Founded in 1989 by Greg Peterson, Machinery Pete has come a long way since its beginnings in Greg Peterson’s home office in Rochester, Minnesota where he passionately researched, tracked and reported on auction prices. In 2014 Farm Journal and Machinery Pete partnered to provide a more efficient marketplace for buying and selling used ag equipment.
In July of 2015, MachineryPete.com launched its marketplace with leading-edge marketing solutions for dealers, informed and built with the online equipment shopper in mind and creates meaningful connections between buyers and sellers. The company is headquartered in Chicago, IL.
You can find out more at https://www.machinerypete.com/podcasts