In this episode we take a quick look at what’s happened politically over the last week. With a convincing victory in last week’s Nevada contest it's now being called as Bernie’s race to lose… but is this really the case with Super Tuesday just around...
In this episode we take a quick look at what’s happened politically over the last week.
- With a convincing victory in last week’s Nevada contest it's now being called as Bernie’s race to lose… but is this really the case with Super Tuesday just around the corner?
- As they say a week is a long time in politics and Mayor Bloomberg has gone from hero to zero with really poor debate performances. But does it really matter?
- And then to Biden and South Carolina where he has bet all his political capital - is the black vote holding up for Biden?
We then chat with Shaun Edlin - CEO and co-founder of Dotterel Technologies. Dotterel is a New Zealand start-up with a focus on the US developing a drone acoustic device - that reduces the noise of drones as well as a special array of microphones and onboard software that enables real time audio input. It’s really a fascinating discussion looking at the growth of the drone sector, the impact of geopolitics, and Dotterel’s ambitions… It's a 12 minute piece and well worth the listen.
For comments and feedback:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: facebook.com/nzuscouncil
- Twitter: twitter.com/nzuscouncil
- Website: nzuscouncil.org
Links to clips used during the podcast:
- RNZ clip on Bernie Sanders Nevada victory: https://www.rnz.co.nz/audio/player?audio_id=2018735677
- CNBC highlights reel from Nevada debate: https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/02/20/democratic-debate-highlights-bloomberg-left-battered-after-first-debate.htm
- House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn endorsing Joe Biden: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/26/politics/jim-clyburn-endorses-joe-biden/index.html
Credits – opening and closing music:
- Happy Boy Theme Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
- Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
About the NZUS Council
Established in 2001, we are a non-partisan, non-government organisation focused on advancing New Zealand’s interests in a strong bilateral relationship with the US.
What is The Friday Download?
A weekly celebration of democracy, creativity, innovation, technology, business, and trade