Mayda Poc is the embodiment of Resilience. She seems to have lived many lives in the span of one lifetime...and she’s still young. Mayda brings to her career coaching practice a wealth of wisdom that has been informed by living her early life in Syria under the constraints of a dictatorship, hanging with the boys on Wall Street as an executive in investment banking and finance, and surviving the 2008 financial crisis. But it wasn’t until she received the news that she had advanced stage cancer that Mayda turned her life and career around in order to pursue her passion for being of service to others, particularly overachievers like herself.
- Mayda’s practice coaching overachievers and the dissatisfaction many of them end up feeling
- The challenge of figuring out what you want
- The importance of ‘being’ rather than ‘doing’
- How Mayda’s relationship with money has changed
- The scarcity mentality
- The culture of investment banking
- Mayda’s early life in Syria living under a dictatorship
- The impact of the 2008 financial crisis
- How Mayda dealt with receiving the news that she had advanced Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Stress and her very shamanic approach to her cancer diagnosis
- How she addressed the cancer cells in her body
- The role that personal power played in her healing
- The role of trust
- Career transition
- The importance of asking for help
What is Lucid Cafe?
What's on the menu at Lucid Cafe? Stories of transformation; healing journeys; thought-provoking conversations about consciousness, shamanism, psychology, ethics. Hosted by Wendy Halley of Lucid Path Wellness & Healing Arts.