He started in sales at only 15, and has since developed a keen eye for opportunity. Listen to Richard describe a business idea that can turn a respectable profit while helping window cleaners get more work and earning high school kids their college money.
- Learn how Revetize uses a business's existing clients to create new revenue opportunities with smart simple but incredibly effective strategies.
- Learn how to get out of the weeds in starting a business and focus on what’s important.
- Hear what it’s like for a seasoned entrepreneur to imagine starting a brand new business in under one week.
- Spend a nominal amount to form an LLC, and make the commitment to get this started.
- Don't go into an intense research phase, just move quick.
- Research to discover what the market of local window cleaners looks like.
- Chat with window cleaners find out key info like:
- How much they are charging per pane
- What the standard rate is
- Different services they offer
- Their value proposition
- What margins they are looking for
- What they would do differently if they didn’t have to do marketing
- After establishing relationships with window cleaners, develop a compensation plan that will work for your salespeople (likely some high schoolers about to go to college). e.g.
- 18% commission for their first 100 sales.
- 23% commission for sales 100-300
- 30% commission on sales over 300
- Include some bonuses along the way to inspire
- Develop the sales pitch that you will teach the salespeople (Consider raising money for college as part of the pitch).
- Leverage the referral network of the existing salespeople to recruit more like them
- Create the behind the scenes systems to get appointments on cleaners schedules etc.
Richard Bitton is the CEO and co-founder of Revetize. Revetize is a one-stop-shop for customer communication, lead gen, and reputation management. It allows you to leverage your happy customers & quickly acquire referrals, reviews, and repeat business. He previously founded Alpha Solar. He grew up in Idaho and started doing door-to-door sales at 15. He is a graduate of Brigham Young University and currently resides in Lehigh, Utah, A.K.A. the “Silicon Slopes.”
What is Run With It - Business Ideas from Successful Entrepreneurs?
Successful CEOs have plenty of new business ideas. Aspiring entrepreneurs are in need of them. Run With It bridges this gap, bringing you business ideas and action steps from established entrepreneurs. Follow through and you can earn a free mentoring session with our guest, and potentially, a new business partnership.