In this episode, Adam talks to Tom Schlick about tackling challenges faced when building multitenant apps.
- What makes an application "multitenant" really?
- Choosing between a shared database or multi-database setup
- Approaches for identifying the current tenant
- Performance considerations
- How multitenancy impacts how you integrate with external services
- Codeship, check out how they performed in Forrester's latest Continuous Integration Tools report
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio to try their Bootstrap Plan free for 90 days
- "Building Multitenant Applications", video of Tom's talk from Laracon US 2017
- Slides from Tom's multitenancy talk
- "Online migrations at scale" on the Stripe engineering blog
- "Migrating replication lag and reducing read load with freno" on the GitHub engineering blog
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.