Jamie: Everybody, welcome back to the crazy hockey dads podcast episode number 47. The podcast for hockey parents, no politics, no sugarcoating, just real talk for hockey parents in the trenches. Do you like my new haircut, Scott?
Scott: It's beautiful.
Jamie: You'd like that?
Scott: Yeah. You look stupid. Of course I do.
Jamie: For the people of you that are listening, I have done something ridiculous with my hair and my headphones. I'll fix it just so I don't look like too much of a ridiculous moron.
Scott: That's better.
Jamie: Better.
Scott: All right.
Jamie: Much better.
Scott: You like that? I like your playfulness tonight.
Jamie: And you need a haircut too.
Scott: Oh, fair.
Jamie: I do.
Scott: You shaved at least.
Jamie: I did.
Scott: Yeah, that's
Jamie: good. I was like a Neanderthal over You the I was. Oh, that's right, and I FaceTimed. FaceTimed,
Scott: yeah. Bro. I missed
Jamie: you. Was thank you, appreciate that. Likewise.
Scott: Yeah, that's why I FaceTimed.
Jamie: Yeah, no, I was yeah. I got a little lazy over the break.
Scott: Yeah, it looks like Harry's or Dollar Shaper got to deliver.
Jamie: They did. Yeah. My razor broke numerous times.
Scott: If I could tell.
Jamie: Yep, yep, even the electric one just broke, didn't work.
Scott: I'm not a big fan of shaving myself.
Jamie: Listen, I haven't been clean shaven in been a long time. Like, real long time.
Scott: It wasn't too long for me. No? No. I did it not too long ago, just because. And then over COVID, I
Jamie: shaved Oh, did. My That's right.
Scott: I shaved my head and my face during COVID.
Jamie: Did you? Yeah. No offense, but don't think you look good with a shaved head.
Scott: You remember? I
Jamie: don't, but I'm just picturing it. It's not working.
Scott: No, it's not.
Jamie: No, it's not.
Scott: Oh, well.
Jamie: Did you like it?
Scott: It was fine. It was fine. Yeah, it was fine.
Jamie: It grows back quick, though. Yeah. Yeah. Definitely terrible. Yeah.
Scott: Anyway Yeah.
Jamie: Dude. Welcome back. Holidays. This is our year capping episode, Right? What a year. Capping off nine months of Crazy Hockey Dads podcast.
Scott: Yeah. But let's not forget our partners.
Jamie: Let's not, especially, Prostride and Angelo Searce, considering that our children were both there this morning.
Scott: Well, some were skating and some were not.
Jamie: Some were skating and some were not. This is true. I'll let you talk about that in a second. But so so ProStride ProStride Elite Skating, Angelo Surz, CHD 10 for 10% off. He is the man. If the New Jersey Devils trust him
Scott: So should you.
Jamie: So should you. Yeah.
Scott: Yeah. Who else? Keep going.
Jamie: Oh, sorry. We got Howie's Hockey, Crazy 10. I was gonna say go get your your tape and your laces and your stuff for the holidays, but it's kinda over.
Scott: Yeah. But you still need tape and laces
Jamie: Well, you do even after the holidays. You're right. There's no reason you can't get tape and laces
Scott: Yeah.
Jamie: And gear and candles and wax.
Scott: No doubt.
Jamie: And the stuff.
Scott: Uh-huh.
Jamie: All the stuff.
Scott: All the things.
Jamie: So Crazy 10 for 10% off. And I will let you do API.
Scott: I will. But before I do Yeah. Eric's the man. He is. Oh, I need to send him a text message.
Jamie: You should.
Scott: Yeah, well, I think.
Jamie: Like a happy holidays type text message?
Scott: That and, yeah, he had a question. Nice. Anyway, so I was watching, I don't know what game it, doesn't matter, but one of the players was walking by, you know, like a table or whatever by the bench and they had, like, all the rolls of tape there. And I was trying to peek to see, like
Jamie: If it was Howie's?
Scott: Was Howie's. And I think at least some of it was Howie's.
Jamie: I would think so. Now, were you watching the NHL game?
Scott: Yeah. Was NHL.
Jamie: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
Scott: So I thought so that I was like, oh, that's that makes sense.
Jamie: I mean, listen, Tally's hockey. Yeah. I mean, one of the greatest
Scott: But they're not
Jamie: of the greatest logos in all of hockey.
Scott: That would be amazing if they were sponsored by the NHL, or they sponsored the NHL, or vice versa, or however that works.
Jamie: They I mean, they have to be doing business with major Major colleges. Sure. I mean, have to be.
Scott: Yeah, to pay a premium Yeah, on
Jamie: would think so. I I would think they're on
Scott: monthly order This whole time, I thought that I had an unboxing video. Like an idiot, I just took unboxing pictures.
Jamie: So you know what? I'll
Scott: ask Orly to do like a carousel, like a swipe thing.
Jamie: Or we could just buy more stuff. Or that too. I mean, can't go wrong, like you said, with tape or laces. No. Doesn't matter if it's holiday season or not, like you mentioned.
Scott: Yeah.
Jamie: You can always buy tape or laces.
Scott: Yeah. Don't let your kids select their laces because they'll probably select the wrong length.
Jamie: You know what's funny you mentioned that? So Dominic has said, Dad, I'm having trouble getting my laces tied tight. I'm like, Bud, you need wax. And he's like, No, I don't want wax. He's like, It's too hard to pull. I'm like, Fine. But once you get it, it stays.
Scott: It does stay more.
Jamie: Yeah, he's fighting me.
Scott: Well, know, children are stubborn.
Jamie: They were gonna say something else. You're say children are stupid. That too. Potato passato. Yeah, the shoe fits, right? But yeah, I don't know, I'm on the fence because then he made a
Scott: So get him fucking wax laces.
Jamie: I did get him wax laces. Oh, then he made a very compelling argument how, you know, him being a 13 year old, how he can crank the laces if they're not wax, and I'm like, Okay, maybe Falkinism What? Work will be an
Scott: I'm not following this.
Jamie: So Dominic was arguing with me whether he should have wax or no I was in the wax camp, he was So in the no I said to him, Dude, wax laces are great because once you get them, they stay tight, and they don't kind of go back. Right? So then he made a very compelling argument that, you know, as he's for his age He
Scott: sold you.
Jamie: Well, he didn't sell me, but he made a compelling argument, so I'm saying, if hockey doesn't work out, maybe he'll be an attorney.
Scott: Oh, okay. Great.
Jamie: Because he was making it like a legit argument. It made me think for a second. Oh. Just a second.
Scott: That's all. Just one. Okay. Yeah. And then you realized?
Jamie: Then I was like, Yeah, you're still stupid. You're 13. Just go get the wax, ladies. Just listen to me. Even if I'm wrong, just listen to me.
Scott: That is amazing.
Jamie: Yeah. But yeah, we were having a laces argument. Yeah. It was fun.
Scott: Good. Yeah. Okay. Yeah. So, anyway, Howie's
Jamie: Go get your Howie's laces.
Scott: Go get yours. Yeah.
Jamie: Crazy
Scott: 10. Aprotic Performance Insight, API. Check it out online if you haven't already. Please, managers, coaches, anyone that's been thinking about introducing video to your team, take a look at API Athletic Performance Insight. Use the contact form to reach out to Eric. He'd gladly do a demo. Tag one of your games And for then you really get a chance to see how robust the platform is. It's a great value. We're using it. I've used it for a couple of years. I can't speak highly enough about it.
Jamie: Yeah, you love
Scott: it. Yeah, love it.
Jamie: He's a great dude too. Really robust platform.
Scott: Yeah, super dude.
Jamie: Yeah, he is.
Scott: Yeah, check out apiathleticperformanceinsight.com.
Jamie: Get your 10% off.
Scott: There you go.
Jamie: Dollars 100 value. Just saying. Saying.
Scott: And those are the partners.
Jamie: So why did one of our children skate today and one not skate today?
Scott: Know what that sounds like.
Jamie: With Angelo. How many?
Scott: Well, so as the story goes, as I was told.
Jamie: Yes, you were not there. I witnessed this. I tried to help the situation, by the way.
Scott: I did. Tried. How?
Jamie: Was trying to come up with solutions.
Scott: Yeah, how'd that go?
Jamie: Not well.
Scott: No. No.
Jamie: A lot of pushback. Talking about stupid kids, right? Pushback. Because we're all stupid. Mine, yours, doesn't matter.
Scott: Yeah. Yeah. Well, so I get a phone call. Or I couldn't pick it up. So then I called Orly Birds during lunch. And I go, how's the day going? Because the kids are out of school. And Noah had the gymnastics thing. And Otto was going to skating. She goes, well, everything started out great. And I was like, that's awesome. Win, starting out great.
Jamie: Sometimes that's a win. Home run, yeah.
Scott: Sometimes Yeah, I'm with you. The best you can do.
Jamie: I'm with you.
Scott: And so I like, oh, that's awesome. And then she's like, yeah, but then she's like, everything's Okay now. Then it's
Jamie: just like Oh, when they start out like that, it's not a good thing.
Scott: I was great. Who's hurt? Yeah. What happened? Yeah. I'm like, this isn't And she's like, so we got to I dropped off Noah. No problem. I'm like, all right. So now Otto's the one that's hurt.
Jamie: Got to the ring forty And five minutes we got there early. They did.
Scott: And I was like, wow. For us.
Jamie: Great. Yeah. We were only a half hour early.
Scott: Because often we can be running behind schedule.
Jamie: I know it well. I do too.
Scott: So then she says, yep. And we, Otto forgot his skates. And I was like, oh, perfect. For a skating clinic, that's probably
Jamie: right. Maybe the thing you don't want to forget. Like if
Scott: you forgot your shoulder pads, your elbows,
Jamie: your stick, Okay. That's all doable, right?
Scott: It's doable at a skating clinic. It is. Skates are a problem.
Jamie: That is a problem, isn't it?
Scott: Yeah. And so there were recommendations going around. And this is actually an interesting question.
Jamie: What would
Scott: you have done? So when it said, go get a pair of rental skates from the rental thing, get them sharpened, and get back out here. Listen. What do you think about that as a solution?
Jamie: So that was one of the solutions that I had mentioned.
Scott: Oh, okay.
Jamie: That and I also said, go into the pro shop. I'm sure they have demo skates that you can probably use, you know, and they did. They had fours. Yeah. CCM fours. Now I know he's a three. Right? He's a CCM three.
Scott: I think so.
Jamie: So they had CCM fours that the guy was like, you can demo them and you don't have to buy them, but I don't even wanna do it. Oh my god. It's fine. I'm like, you've seen I'm like, you've seen Lane Hudson. I'm like, he skates with with his with his laces untied. I go, so it's the same idea. Yeah. I go, your laces
Scott: just like Layne Hudson.
Jamie: I go I go, your laces will be tied, and this and it'll still be loose. I go, it's the same premise, though. Same general idea.
Scott: So but he sat it out.
Jamie: He's like, no.
Scott: Stayed. Stayed to watch. He which was shocking
Jamie: to me.
Scott: Yeah. I don't know why. He liked hanging out. He wanted well, maybe that's why.
Jamie: He did. He liked hanging out.
Scott: He was thrilled that you were there.
Jamie: He liked hanging out.
Scott: Yeah. Yeah. Also did I I don't think they mind he minded hanging out with Matt DelRose either.
Jamie: Also a fun dude. Shout out Matt.
Scott: Yeah. Orly said the same thing. She goes, and Jamie's friend, Matt, is really nice.
Jamie: Chief Matt. Yeah. Was like, yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Matt, he was there because because Liam was on the ice too. Right. So he he came over and sat with us. Yeah. No. I I think Otto liked hanging out with him too.
Scott: Otto was beside himself when he learned that, like, how tall Matt's family was.
Jamie: And he's I like saw his face actually. It's funny you said that. He didn't say anything there, but he you could see the look on his face when when he was talking about height.
Scott: Yeah.
Jamie: Funny you say that,
Scott: actually. I was like, yo. And and and Dominic's teammate, he was there too, and he's like he's like six foot and a thirteen foot.
Jamie: Dude, he's a thirteen. He's a thirteen. Is
Scott: Matt is his Matt's wife tall? No. No. Interesting.
Jamie: Well, Matt was saying to Otto and to your wife that Matt's the runt of his family.
Scott: That's not
Jamie: like he's a
Scott: big dude. Yes. But I mean, not only okay. Six foot's not the tallest, but he's like
Jamie: Matt said, like, he a big guy. Matt says when he hangs from a bar, he he he registers six feet. He's like, when I stretch myself out in the morning, he's like, I'm six foot. So he's he's right under six feet. Right? But like he was saying to Otto and to and to Orly, he was saying, you know, so his his his dad's six five.
Scott: Jeez.
Jamie: Or his dad's six four. His older brother, Lil Jon, is six four. His sister's six one. Jeez. And then and then and then Slim, his younger brother, is six four.
Scott: Wow.
Jamie: Yeah. So Matt, technically, is the shortest of all of them.
Scott: Wow.
Jamie: Yeah. Which is nuts. You know, and yeah. I mean, yeah.
Scott: Wow.
Jamie: So there's a lot of height there.
Scott: Yeah. You
Jamie: know, and and and Matt's wife, Brie, is shout out to both of them because they're Dominic's godparents. Brie is five five five, five six, someone's seven. Right
Scott: around the
Jamie: average age. Right. But Liam is enormous.
Scott: Wow.
Jamie: He's enormous. He's a big boy.
Scott: Yeah. So Otto was was one of first things he told me when I came home today.
Jamie: Oh, really? Yes.
Scott: Really? That's funny. Yeah.
Jamie: Yeah. Yeah. He's a big boy.
Scott: The solution ultimately is he's going to double up tomorrow. For better
Jamie: or I mentioned that to Orly. Said, why don't you go talk to Cerce and tell him who you are. Yeah. Alright? I said, introduce yourself, tell me who you are, and just ask if you can come to the one before. Yeah. Yeah. That was easy. That was no brainer.
Scott: Yeah. Anyway, so that was awesome.
Jamie: So he'll get a double session tomorrow. Yeah. Which is good.
Scott: Well, hopefully he'll learn his lesson about his skates.
Jamie: Listen, a little bit of accountability, not the worst thing in the world.
Scott: I know he should learn from it.
Jamie: A little bit of a headache when it's happening, but at the end of the day, that's how you learn.
Scott: Yeah, the first I Right? One time I forgot my skates as an adult hockey player
Jamie: Recently?
Scott: It was back in 2020.
Jamie: Okay. When you started playing Mensley?
Scott: When I started playing Mensley game, somehow I left the house without my skates. It was our first playoff
Jamie: game Oh, that I was it was a playoff game.
Scott: So I ran back home. Well, literally. I drove. But anyway, I called a friend in panic. And I said, listen, dude, you got to go to my house. This is how you get in and go get my skates and meet me halfway. Seriously? I'm And so then Wow. Good friend. Yeah, yeah, no, he's great.
Jamie: That's solid. That's really solid I
Scott: pretty much got home when he was exiting my house with the skates, which is fine.
Jamie: Okay, so it didn't really help at all.
Scott: Not really.
Jamie: Got it. Did you make it back in time?
Scott: I did. I missed most of the first period. Oh, you did? Yeah. Okay. So I played like two and half action.
Jamie: Did you guys win?
Scott: Yeah, we did win. We did win that game. You did? I don't think we won. We didn't win the division that year. Think I've won it twice since I've been
Jamie: Did you guys win it last year? Two years ago?
Scott: Yes, over where I play, they have a fallwinter season, which crosses over from one year to the next. Then your springsummer. Got it. And we won springsummer. And now we're not doing well this season.
Jamie: You're not? What happened?
Scott: I don't know.
Jamie: Did you guys lose anybody?
Scott: Yeah. Two players aren't We picked up some players. No way now? We've had issues with attendance. Low attendance.
Jamie: You actually mentioned that to me.
Scott: I played a game where there was Did
Jamie: you play a whole game?
Scott: A goalie plus five skaters.
Jamie: Oh, that's not good. She played Ironman hockey the entire game.
Scott: Yeah, were in it. Were you fucking exhausted? Third period, we were I think at one point we were winning.
Jamie: Were you not exhausted, by the way?
Scott: Yeah. Totally. Had We had a whole game. Always bring two water bottles to games.
Jamie: To go through both of them?
Scott: Pretty much. But I would keep a water bottle on the bench and one at the
Jamie: At the goalie? Goalies. Yeah. Behind the net. Yeah. Yeah. That makes sense. That worked.
Scott: Yeah. But, yeah, it's not fun.
Jamie: No. I wouldn't think that would be. No. And you guys were actually in the game. Yeah. Oh, shit.
Scott: For a while. And then the wheels fell off shockingly.
Jamie: Interesting. Yeah. Is that that, I'm gonna get this wrong, the blue Thunderbirds or blue Firebirds? Thunderbirds, that's Blue, what's
Scott: hell yeah.
Jamie: Blue, yeah, We've talked about that in a couple episodes.
Scott: Hell yeah. Was sure if
Jamie: I was right about that.
Scott: It's like, you know, almost the lowest level men's league you could play around here. That's awesome. But we have fun.
Jamie: Listen. Isn't that the idea?
Scott: Yeah. No doubt.
Jamie: Don't they say it all leads to beer league?
Scott: They do.
Jamie: I'm not sure it's true on every instance, but a lot of instances.
Scott: Yo, a dad said that to me. Was it? Lesoro said it to me. And I was like, oh.
Jamie: You're like, maybe not for your kids. Maybe not for your family. At least no time soon.
Scott: But I get where you're going with this.
Jamie: Yeah, yeah, exactly. Yeah. He's a funny dude, by the way.
Scott: Yeah, yeah, know.
Jamie: He's great. He's very funny. But, speaking of Lesoro, man, we have had a really I mean, this being our end of the year episode, we've had a pretty nice year starting in March.
Scott: Yeah.
Jamie: And now kind of moving forward to where we are now, looking forward into the next year. We have a lot of really cool things in store. But what a crazy ride it's been for the last nine months.
Scott: Yeah, man. I was hesitant in the beginning when you were like, let's do this.
Jamie: Yes, you were.
Scott: And not that I ever thought it was a bad idea.
Jamie: No, but you were definitely hesitant.
Scott: I was hesitant and then springtime came around, last season finished up and I felt like, all right, we could do this. And then when it started, it's been still a learning curve, no doubt. But I mean, absolutely Absolutely.
Jamie: We still have no idea what we're doing.
Scott: The guests that we've had on have been
Jamie: That's not true, but you get Well, the
Scott: we're getting a little bit
Jamie: Yeah, we're figuring it out. You need to go watch it. Funny. Sihanada. Sihanada. Sihanada. Sihanada. Sihanada. Oh, some of other ones? What can I think? Brazil. Brazil. Brazil. Japan.
Scott: Then Auto Happ is a video game where the the music, it sounds like him saying that word.
Jamie: Does it? Stop it.
Scott: I swear to God. It's Brawl Stars, if any.
Jamie: Oh, yeah. The kids play that.
Scott: The kids yeah.
Jamie: Yeah. Yeah. Is that right? That is one of the funniest videos about
Scott: time we would play it. Was I was
Jamie: Is that a is that a YouTube or an Instagram clip? Or it's both?
Scott: It's, like, in everything.
Jamie: Yeah. Yeah. There was another one. Ciene de Brazil, Japan. There was another funny one in there that I can't think of.
Scott: Besides The Philippines?
Jamie: I thought so.
Scott: I don't know. You know, I will say with all these, like, clips online, I I am I am definitely getting, fooled more often than
Jamie: You mean because of AI?
Scott: Yeah, Now I can't fucking believe things
Jamie: I see. Dude, it's so funny you said that. Somebody mentioned the other day, they're like, somebody I've had this conversation, like, three times the last, like, week. Somebody I saw somebody I think it was I think it was Gary Vee. Yeah. He's like, you will never ever believe that the video you're watching is real ever again. It's true. I watched
Scott: it and I'm like, you know what's so funny? The first time this ever happened to me, the first time it ever happened when I got fooled, I was like, I'm embarrassed to say, well I'm not embarrassed, but it was kind of shameful that this is what fooled me. But it was one of those clips where it was like a post game presser with NHL players. And it was a game where Trubo pretty much elbowed someone in the face.
Jamie: Okay.
Scott: And basically Truba was sitting and they had like the whole AI mouth thing going. Yeah. Truba said they had him say something like, yeah and I'm gonna I elbowed that fuck in the face you know, and I'm gonna do it again. I don't give a shit what that bastard Betman says Yeah. To And I'm thinking to myself,
Jamie: you're like, I can't we just said that?
Scott: He's got ballet. On camera. I'm like, I guess no like, bad press is good press. And then I showed my buddy who's a Ranger fan.
Jamie: And he's like bro.
Scott: And he goes bro,
Jamie: And are you
Scott: then I sent a clip to my buddy George. Shout out George. He's like into cars and machines and all that stuff. And I'm watching this fucking video on YouTube and it's like this police chase. And then this fucking Raptor truck pulls this maneuver and drives up a cliff and I sent it to him. And he goes
Jamie: You're like, dude, check this out.
Scott: And he goes, dude, that's a video game.
Jamie: And I was
Scott: like, fuck.
Jamie: You're like, goddamn it. I'm old.
Scott: Well, yeah. But like
Jamie: It doesn't matter. So
Scott: if I'm if I'm falling for stupid shit like that, you could only imagine like the the somewhat mediocre Yes, stuff
Jamie: that actually looks legit. Yeah. So it's so funny you bring up AI in videos, because literally before I came over here to do this, I had such a busy day, I was actually taking ten minutes to just sit down and unwind a little bit. And I happened to open up my phone and a video was on Instagram and it was on the highway from a dashboard camera looking out the windshield and it was an ambulance. The ambulance doors open up, and a and the gurney comes rolling out with a very fat lady on it.
Scott: Oh, I saw.
Jamie: And it hits the car in the right lane, and then a pig Okay. Carrying another woman. Another very heavy lady comes up, and the gurney starts spinning with the fat lady in the green dress. And the pig with this other fat lady in whatever she was wearing is, like, in front of them, and, like, that starts spinning. And I look at Nancy and I go, I have no idea what the fuck I'm what's real? Like, is the is the video of the girl coming out of the ambulance real?
Scott: Right.
Jamie: Obviously, the pig's not real because a pig you don't ride a pig on a highway. Right? But, like, what part's real? Something's real.
Scott: Well, I saw that one also, and because I doubt everything now, I'm like, yeah. Fake.
Jamie: 100%. But, like, is the lady sliding out of the ambulance real?
Scott: I don't know if that's real.
Jamie: Do you think that's fake too?
Scott: I think it's yeah.
Jamie: Of course. It might be. Do you
Scott: think someone's falling out the back of an ambulance in the middle of
Jamie: a highway? Generally, of these videos have an Element of truth. Element of truth.
Scott: Yeah. I'll tell you what the truth is. There's an ambulance on a highway.
Jamie: Fair. Fair.
Scott: Someone had a dashcam.
Jamie: Fair. Yes.
Scott: And then someone was smoking a ton of weed,
Jamie: and they were like, yo. Can you imagine if this happened? And then some fat lady on a pig rolled up next to her.
Scott: No. You know, so crazy. So crazy.
Jamie: Literally, it was like there was like right before I came here.
Scott: But the some of them that are getting me now are the so there's some like animal accounts. Okay. There's one called Nature's Metal. It's basically like animal and animal violence.
Jamie: Yes. I've come across them. It's pretty it's pretty yes.
Scott: It's pretty
Jamie: It's pretty violent.
Scott: Yes. Like what happens in nature.
Jamie: Listen. It's You know? Like instincts. Survival of the fittest, man.
Scott: So sometimes I'm like, yo. That's crazy. Like, that's what it's like. Yeah. And and in any event so then, like, I'm watching one video because it's like in my algorithm. Yeah.
Jamie: Sure. It keeps showing it to you.
Scott: And then and then there's this one where this fucking cheetah or this like lion running Yeah. At the safari truck and it jumps in. I've seen
Jamie: that one.
Scott: I was like, yo, I can't believe this just happened. Where's the guy with the dart gun that's supposed to neutralize this motherfucker? And then I'm like, oh.
Jamie: It's fake.
Scott: It's fake.
Jamie: Yeah. I've seen I know Gary Vee said, you will never believe another video again, ever.
Scott: So, mean, where does this leave us?
Jamie: I'm not sure what the answer is.
Scott: It's fucking insane.
Jamie: Dude, AI is getting so ridiculous. I mean, you can clone yourself and have yourself talking. Like, we could be clones right now on our YouTube channel.
Scott: We could. Well, there's actually What
Jamie: if we are?
Scott: No, it's funny you say that.
Jamie: I wonder if we are or are we actually the real thing?
Scott: And again, because we're talking about how there's so much bullshit out there, so maybe what I watched was bullshit, although I don't think it is, but based on what I just told everyone, you probably think I'm a complete idiot anyway. But there was a I think there is a news broadcast that's maybe it's in India, I'm not sure where they use an AI person to broadcast the news. I'm they do. A transcript.
Jamie: Of course they there's like
Scott: this AI woman that just says the news.
Jamie: She just reads the script. Yeah. Right?
Scott: Yeah.
Jamie: Yeah. Again, I don't know if you can ever believe your eyes anymore.
Scott: Well, they actually had this is like so unrelated to hockey, interesting nonetheless. This past weekend, we're watching TV in the hotel room and there was like a commercial for
Jamie: So you guys were skiing. Nice.
Scott: It was like helping save, it was like a charity raising money for families that have hunger issues or food. Sure. What do they call it? Not food, not food sensitivity. Food There's a name for it that I'm forgetting right now. Okay. Nonetheless, families that are hungry. Got it. So the video itself, the commercial, like it's a girl who's talking. She's basically saying, I'm an AI generated girl that looks just like the faces of 14 different girls that are suffering from hunger right now.
Jamie: Gotcha.
Scott: And so the commercial itself is using an AI generated girl
Jamie: Yeah, sure.
Scott: To raise awareness for hunger issues. I'm like, I think I get what they're trying to do, that you can't judge a book by its cover. But it was more kind of weird.
Jamie: Was it silly?
Scott: Silly is not the right word. It just made me think, yeah, you could be AI, like everything.
Jamie: Dude, we both could be AI right now. I guess our listeners will never know. Know. Think you should probably do know. Might be fake. You never know.
Scott: Yeah, well,
Jamie: maybe. Listen, we're getting pretty aggressive with our AI learning, so you never know.
Scott: Yeah, well.
Jamie: We're really not getting aggressive with it. No? I don't think so.
Scott: Who? Oh, us here. Oh, thought you were about the broader
Jamie: Us. Was joking. But yeah, that's what Gary Vee said. And I had the conversation with three or four people in the last seven days about that. Because everybody's talking about it.
Scott: Yeah, because it's like a fucking problem.
Jamie: The shit you see on Instagram is mostly all bullshit.
Scott: My wife was like, you just follow the accounts that are like, you know, or just consume content from accounts that are like verified or whatever. Yeah.
Jamie: So Okay. Speaking of, did you see we're verified?
Scott: Hell yeah.
Jamie: You did, right? Hell yeah. Blue check mark. Yeah, I
Scott: don't know why that's a big deal, but I'll take it.
Jamie: Because it is.
Scott: Or why? Because Because it is a blue check?
Jamie: Who We're awesome and we have a blue check mark.
Scott: Well, you know.
Jamie: I mean, why would we not have a blue check mark? Is this really the better question.
Scott: I don't know about blue check marks. Mean, I know it's a thing, but I don't know why it really
Jamie: matters. I think we have a blue check mark because we're in 38 countries now. I think that's why. That the criteria No, for a I'm blue check joking. No.
Scott: Okay, well
Jamie: I just wanted to shout out that we're in 38 countries. Humble brag. Yeah, exactly.
Scott: Yeah, well
Jamie: I swear I'm not. I'm not. Okay, so blue
Scott: check marks are great. Sure. We should get
Jamie: yeah. Sure. If you don't follow us on Instagram, go follow us on Instagram.
Scott: Yeah, please subscribe. It helps something.
Jamie: Yeah. It does help something. We're not sure what, but it does help something.
Scott: Yeah. We got a blue check mark.
Jamie: Our Instagram's been legit recently.
Scott: No, for real.
Jamie: Like, we went from, like, 120 people to I think we're just shy of, like, 1,600 now.
Scott: Great.
Jamie: And listen, this is all because of you people that are listening to this, that are taking the time to come hang out with us and hopefully learn some stuff, and have fun with us and be entertained. It's all because of you. People that are watching on YouTube, people that are downloading the podcast, the audio version, the people that are checking us out on Instagram, this is all because of you. We're in 38 countries because of you guys. Like, we could not have done this without you. So, you know, we thank you and we hope you've enjoyed the ride so far. We're just getting started. We are just getting started. We have some cool stuff lined up for 2026.
Scott: It's gonna be a great year, man.
Jamie: Should we start dropping some names for people we're gonna have? We have some interviews already done.
Scott: You can That are coming.
Jamie: We have Andres DeVillier from Titan Battle Gear.
Scott: Awesome. If you don't know Titan Battle Gear, check it out.
Jamie: Just go watch the IAHF World Juniors. The the US team's wearing it. I think James Hagans has it on. You'll see the t right under his right under his chin on and covering his covering his throat. Yep. Right? God forbid, know, get a skate there. Titan makes some awesome, awesome cut resistant base layers. Yep. And that's been like a thing this year. So we do a sick interview with him. You guys will love him. We have Ryan Murphy from the New Jersey Devils again. The Devil's been very good to us.
Scott: Well, not again. No. No.
Jamie: I'm saying again, like another another New Jersey Devils coach is coming Ryan on Murphy's the head skills coach for the New Jersey Devils. Really smart dude. Super, super smart.
Scott: He's dialed in.
Jamie: Oh, my God. What a smart dude. Super smart. Sir said he was smart. And when we started talking to him, it was extremely apparent.
Scott: Which we didn't say this on the podcast, I With Ryan? When we were on with him. But if you're listening, Ryan, I'd love to know how many times people confuse you for Ed Norton. Oh. Has anyone ever asked you for Ed Norton's audition?
Jamie: So we get off the interview with Ryan Murphy. And Scott's like, Dude, he's like, I wanted to ask him in the worst way if anybody mistakes him for Ed Norton. And I'm like, Ed Norton, like American History X? Ed Norton? Ed Norton, like Fight Club Ed Norton? He's like, No, Ed Norton Fight Club. And I'm like, I pulled up Ed Norton Fight Club. I'm like, Dude, 100%. Ringer. Ringer. 100%. He looks just like Ed Norton from Fight Club.
Scott: So my brother-in-law? Yeah. Like, not bad.
Jamie: Meanwhile, I text Sers after that, by the way, and I and I told him Oh, yeah. Yeah. I told him that you were that you and I were talking about that, and that you said that after he was fucking dying.
Scott: Oh, because it's
Jamie: Sersh was dying. Yeah. Yeah.
Scott: He was dying. My brother my brother-in-law, when he was younger, had a a resemblance to Macklemore, like the rapper. Your brother? My brother-in-law. No. Not
Jamie: my brother-in-law. My brother-in-law. Okay, gotcha.
Scott: He was living in Florida at the time he was in Miami. He said like two young kids walked up to him as he was going to his car.
Jamie: They're like, yo, can I have your autograph?
Scott: They're like, hey, Macklemore, can can we get your autograph?
Jamie: Did he just play it off like it was him?
Scott: No. He laughed. And he he because like I said, he was going to his car. Yeah. And he looks at these two kids and he goes, he goes, do you think Macklemore would be getting into a Ford Taurus?
Jamie: I was just going to say, what kind of car was he getting into?
Scott: I think it was a Ford Fusion
Jamie: or whatever. Maybe he was incognito mode.
Scott: It could be.
Jamie: And he was driving around something inconspicuous. Know what I mean?
Scott: But no, that just reminded me of that. Yeah, yeah. So speaking of interviews, also got Coach Kevin from
Jamie: hockeytraining.com. Hockeytraining.com, hockeytraining.i'm
Scott: a of across his app videos.
Jamie: Awesome. Very, very good interview.
Scott: He's got his head and his heart in
Jamie: all Dude, my so dialed in to what he's doing. Super dialed in. Very impressive business wise.
Scott: Someone who's there really Just trying to do the right thing.
Jamie: Just to
Scott: get back.
Jamie: 100%. Yeah. He's really Yeah, Coach Kevin's great.
Scott: Yeah. Yeah.
Jamie: Now, we have some really cool things.
Scott: Yeah, and then we've got some other that aren't unrecorded yet, but we still have some other interviews lined up.
Jamie: We do. We certainly do. We have one tomorrow that you and I are doing. We a lot of cool stuff.
Scott: Yeah, so that's like a sneak peek.
Jamie: Goalie interview coming up. We have two rock star kids that played in college, like D1 stuff. One played pro. We have some really cool stuff. So stay tuned for 2026 because we have think we're just getting started.
Scott: Yeah. So I was thinking about this. Take a moment. So I'm just looking at the episodes that we've had. And so I'm just scrolling through. So I want to call out a few because obviously some people probably haven't listened. A lot of people probably have not listened to a lot
Jamie: of No, no. But what you're doing is awesome. Go. Fire away. Just scroll
Scott: back from the beginning. So, like, I think the first one that, like, stands out is episode six.
Jamie: Oh my god. One of my favorites. Yeah. Oh my god. Six.
Scott: That was a legendary story with with
Jamie: Oh my god. Bill. Dude, the the the story we tell at the end of that is so goddamn good. Episode six, if you haven't heard it. Oh my god. Good call out, Scott. Go back in.
Scott: Else go to the end and listen to the
Jamie: The last, like, fifteen minutes?
Scott: Yeah, no doubt.
Jamie: This is a whole episode because it's a good episode, but the story that we tell at the end is legendary. Yeah. Good
Scott: call by you. What do you got?
Jamie: I liked, my opinion. One of the early matter of fact, now that I'm thinking about it, I think it was the first interview we ever did. Yeah. We did a part one and part two with Chris Volmer.
Scott: Yep.
Jamie: Hockey dad extraordinaire. He was very good.
Scott: Yeah. He I mean, he was super honest. Yes. He's authentic
Jamie: honest. Yeah. And vulnerable He's good like that.
Scott: Up you know, to a point. Or I don't know if vulnerable is right. We're just honest.
Jamie: No. He was honest.
Scott: He was
Jamie: very, very honest about his relationship with his kid. He was having a tough time at at that time, at that point in time. Listen, it's hard being a hockey dad. Yeah. I mean, it just is. It's not easy. You know? I mean, I don't know if it's the same way in other sports, but being a hockey parent is not easy, dude. I get it. It's not easy at all. Yeah. So I'm trying to think, was that '19 and '20 or '20 '21? God, it's funny how many No, days I live was later than that. Twenty two? I think it was, like, twenty two, Scott. Go back to '20 maybe I'm wrong. No. It's 2021.
Scott: 2021.
Jamie: Yeah. It was the Road to Bantams and the Road to Bantams
Scott: Oh, Part yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yeah.
Jamie: Yeah. So 06/20, '21. God, now we'll go back and forth. You you you you fire off the next one.
Scott: Yeah. No doubt.
Jamie: Connect your favorites.
Scott: So so I thought I thought our interview with Brad Siegel
Jamie: I thought that was good.
Scott: I thought that was really solid.
Jamie: Yeah,
Scott: yeah, Not just because he's a buddy of mine, but just
Jamie: talking was about good. High school hockey.
Scott: High school hockey. And so I thought he's coached high school hockey for a lot of years. And I just thought the advice that he would give kids and parents about talking to coaches and among other things, I thought that for anyone that's got a kid playing high school hockey, listen to the episode with Brad.
Jamie: No, he was good.
Scott: What episode
Jamie: was that?
Scott: Brad was Oh, man. I can't find him. You can't find him?
Jamie: No. We were doing things different back then.
Scott: Oh, this was
Jamie: Oh, got it. 31. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. No. That was a good one. Yep. Yeah. Yeah. So 62021. 31. 31. I thought '33 with Alec Marsh was tremendous.
Scott: Yes.
Jamie: Marsh played division one at Penn State. Now is the, Hobart College assistant hockey coach d three.
Scott: Go Hobart.
Jamie: Yeah. Yeah. Go Hobart Statesman. Trying they're trying to three peat?
Scott: Yeah. Dude, Was it three peat or four peat?
Jamie: It's one of the two. I'm pretty sure I'm pretty sure they're undefeated, by the way.
Scott: Are they really?
Jamie: Yeah. They're like they're like a they're like a d three wagon.
Scott: That's legitness.
Jamie: Yeah. They're they're pretty serious. Alec Alec will be on a d one bench in the future. I'm telling you. Yeah. It's just a matter of time.
Scott: Yeah. Yeah. You said it.
Jamie: Yeah. That's episode 33. He's great. Tons of perspective, really sharp guy, really smart, really good hockey coach.
Scott: Yeah. Yeah. Absolutely.
Jamie: 33.
Scott: Yeah. And then, Doug Christensen.
Jamie: Oh, dude. 36. Such a cool episode. Doug is such a good dude.
Scott: Yeah. And talk about someone who's been in, like, every facet of the game.
Jamie: We need to have him back on just so we can tell some more trasher stories. Wow. Mean, he
Scott: went to He trasher light on us.
Jamie: He did go trasher light on us. He was trying to behave himself.
Scott: Yeah. But Danbury trashers.
Jamie: Yes. Speaking of Doug Christensen, he invited us, talking about cool things in 2026. He invited you and I with press passes up to, Lake Placid for the ECAC Conference Finals and Semifinals.
Scott: We're
Jamie: in? We are doing that. It's March 21 in nineteen twenty twenty one, something like that, that weekend.
Scott: Perfect. Yeah.
Jamie: Yeah. So we're gonna be broadcasting from Lake Placid from the ECAC semifinals and finals.
Scott: That's sick.
Jamie: I mean, again, Doug's been wonderful to us.
Scott: Just see if the hockey guys can go.
Jamie: That's a cool idea, actually. That's a very cool idea.
Scott: Yeah, right?
Jamie: They probably have a ton of content to do with that. I don't know. Maybe. I can't imagine why not, right? Yeah. I mean, speaking of the hockey guys, we're our hockey guys. Hockey guys were episode 40 what the hell episode was that? 40 I've had so many freaking episodes. Like, going through them is not easy anymore. You know what I'm saying?
Scott: No. I'll honestly say as we've gone down this list, like I'm I'm 44. I think all you guys. Know, I I don't wanna leave anyone out. But I don't even think that I don't even think that's an issue because as I'm just like reviewing like the episodes, the most recent ones. Yeah. Honestly, if you're at, like, one to one I think well, since we've started doing
Jamie: interviews 36 and on.
Scott: Pretty much.
Jamie: Just go 36 till now.
Scott: I mean, Lesoro.
Jamie: Oh, dude. Oh, yeah. I'm sorry. Lesoro. Yeah. Lesoro was 38.
Scott: Doug Christensen. Lesoro. Yeah. Bob Mancini.
Jamie: Yeah. Alex Kim. Yeah. Just keep going.
Scott: Vinny Maltz. That one
Jamie: Dude, that's so good.
Scott: Parents that are just like Mindset. Mindset stuff. Listen to the episode 42 of Vinny Maltz. Tremendous.
Jamie: Yes. NHL mental performance coach. The guy's hired by a heavy duty NHL team that we're not allowed to disclose. But just know that he's very legit at what he does.
Scott: Yeah. Like, top of
Jamie: the pie. And Vinny was tremendous, dude. We need to get more of his clips Instagram. Up But he was phenomenal. Angelo Serfs.
Scott: Serfs. We talk about him every episode.
Jamie: Yeah, New Jersey Devils power skating coach. Phenomenal.
Scott: Jeff Lavecchio.
Jamie: Oh, dude. They keep getting better and better.
Scott: Yeah. And even this last one was Sadie Lundquist.
Jamie: She was great.
Scott: Absolutely.
Jamie: She was great.
Scott: I mean, full of information. Yes. Anyone trying to navigate the college path, certainly take a look at college hockey.
Jamie: Yeah.
Scott: Collegehockeyinc.com.
Jamie: Collegehockeyinc. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. And if you're ever in Cloquet, Minnesota, make sure you check out Gordy's Hi Hat. It's her family's establishment that, is pretty legit. Like Guy Fieri was there for the entire day for the entire day. You remember she was hanging during during interview? Yeah. Yeah. They were hanging out the entire day.
Scott: That's wild.
Jamie: I mean, there's a reason why he was there.
Scott: Yeah.
Jamie: The food's pretty legit. Again, we need to have Sadie send us a care package. I know it's seasonal, it's
Scott: not I'd rather just go.
Jamie: I would too, but it's not that easy to get on a plane to go to Minnesota.
Scott: Yeah. Well, fair.
Jamie: Although, Sadie did say to us, or she said say to me, and I kind of reiterated to you, we were talking about going to world juniors,
Scott: Yeah, which is it's like come to the high school.
Jamie: As we speak. She said, early March for the high school tournament at the Excel Center. She said it's ridiculous.
Scott: Dude, all the kids get their hair cut like
Jamie: Bro, they have like a flow off. Animals. Yeah. Yeah. They have like a hair off. It's like
Scott: Hair off. It's a total hair off.
Jamie: You know? It's like but no. So our episodes have been we've been very lucky.
Scott: Yeah. No. And we're gonna keep it up. So anyone out there that has any topics that they wanna, you know, about, discuss, anyone that you'd like to hear from, let us know. We'd love to hear from you all about what you like to know more about, learn about, hear from all this Yeah.
Jamie: I'm curious. Do you guys like the the interview format? Do you like us talking and then doing an interview and then talking on the other side of it? Because our episodes have gotten a little longer.
Scott: No doubt.
Jamie: Right? Because we're obviously, have a lot of value in between with the interviews. You know, do you guys like that? Do you wanna hear Scott and I do this more and and don't do an interview? And the two of us just sit here and talk hockey and bullshit for an hour and a half. Yep. You know? Because we could do that too.
Scott: Well, speaking of talking hockey Mhmm. NHL and world juniors are happening.
Jamie: Bro, US is two and o. They were losing to Slovakia, though.
Scott: Yeah. We'll see. I I'm annoyed. I have not paid as much attention as I'd like to.
Jamie: You should.
Scott: Yeah. I know I should. Just haven't had
Jamie: the Trying to three peat.
Scott: Yeah. Well Three peat. That that that's probably tough.
Jamie: That'd be Listen.
Scott: They who knows? We'll see. We'll see what happens.
Jamie: I don't know. Canada is very good this year.
Scott: Yeah. They're looking tight. Wagon. Wagon, Canada looks like a wagon. Yeah. Was watching we just did that clip with Porto Martone. Oh my god.
Jamie: Yeah. Can't look spicy. Oh, is he ever, by the way? He's like a a young Brad Martian. No?
Scott: I mean, I from the clip that I saw, it looks like he was mixing it up. 100% he was. Getting under people's skin.
Jamie: Oh, dude. Like I said, a young Brad Martian.
Scott: But listen, you gotta be the real deal if you're gonna pull shenanigans like that.
Jamie: Have you seen him play? He's the captain.
Scott: No? He's legit.
Jamie: He's the captain,
Scott: I think. Yeah.
Jamie: I mean, I I need to watch him more. But like you said, if you're gonna pull that shit, you need to be able to back it up.
Scott: Yeah. Otherwise, you're just a liability.
Jamie: Exactly right. Yeah. I'm curious if there's anybody on Team USA that will try to take him apart.
Scott: Probably. It's going to get heated.
Jamie: Listen, we need beats to lock you first and get to the finals because you're only going to meet them in the finals.
Scott: Oh, that the way it's set up? Yeah.
Jamie: One's group A and one's group B.
Scott: Oh, there you go.
Jamie: So you're not gonna see them unless both get to the finals.
Scott: Shows you how much I'm paying attention.
Jamie: Which is probably done by design. No?
Scott: Yeah. I would think so.
Jamie: I mean, listen. Yeah. So they're not gonna meet in, like, a group phase. So we have that coming up. Hopefully, hopefully, USA and Canada go undefeated or everybody gets out of the group phase, and we actually get to see them head to head. And then you have the Winter Olympics right around the corner.
Scott: Oh, it's going to be unreal.
Jamie: I'm so curious what's going to happen there. Dude, empty netters I had put up
Scott: say, there you go.
Jamie: No, no. Was just saying empty netters put up the they were obviously at the game, and they put up a
Scott: Entrepreneurs were at what game?
Jamie: They were at The US Canada game when the Ka'Chucks threw down. Yeah. Yeah. Dude, I mean, I know they're talking about them not being allowed to fight in the Olympics. They said something about that. They weren't allowed to fight, would get thrown out or something along those lines.
Scott: You can't run that risk.
Jamie: Bro, you have to fight.
Scott: You have to. And not at the risk of getting thrown out. You think
Jamie: they're really gonna get thrown out?
Scott: If those are the rules, yes.
Jamie: That's disappointing. That's disappointing if those are the rules.
Scott: Yeah. Well, I mean
Jamie: Brady said it. He's like, why not follow the rules of the greatest the greatest was it the greatest league in the world? I mean, in the
Scott: That's also a good point.
Jamie: Right? I mean
Scott: Dude, whatever. What's going on with the rink? Do you have you kept up with the rink? What's the what's the
Jamie: So it's funny that you say that.
Scott: Is it it gonna be finished?
Jamie: I actually googled it yesterday. And? Like, last night, I couldn't sleep, and I actually looked it up, and there is major concerns.
Scott: But there have been major concerns for a while. Has this There
Jamie: are major, major, major concerns, and it's not gonna get done. The NHL has sent over a bunch of people to help the situation. And apparently, the crews are working, like, around the clock. And the NHL has sent a bunch of other people over to help speed the process up. But it's still a concern.
Scott: How do you send help over in the middle of a construction project?
Jamie: I think they're sending construction help over.
Scott: Oh, is that what they did? Yeah.
Jamie: Meanwhile, the rink's gonna be short.
Scott: Yeah. Well, every every everyone they they've talked to about that said they don't give a shit.
Jamie: Well, It's gonna be equal. It's gonna be the same for both sides.
Scott: Right. Everyone's on a smaller surface.
Jamie: So doesn't really matter. Right? Although, you're gonna have a lot less time in space. I mean, they thought they didn't have time in space before. I think they took, like, three feet. No?
Scott: Three or four feet. They're gonna I think they were gonna keep the They're taking from the neutral zone.
Jamie: The neutral zone, yeah. Yeah, which I get. It makes sense to me. Yeah. But yeah, the puck's gonna go from end to end very quickly. Yeah. Like, you're gonna see, it's gonna be fast.
Scott: It's gonna be fast no matter what. Alright. So but but it's still they there's still
Jamie: Speaking of rinks Yeah. What? How the fuck are they gonna have the outdoor game in Florida?
Scott: I you know, that's a great question. I don't know. I mean, they must have some, like,
Jamie: nasty technology. Thing.
Scott: Underneath. Have to. They have to.
Jamie: I haven't looked it up, but there has to be something that's gonna keep that surface frozen.
Scott: I know. Listen. I'll tell
Jamie: this one. It's gonna be, like, 80 degrees down there or 60. Right?
Scott: Auto had a game at a pretty like, a half half outdoor rink, and it was, like, 80 degrees out. And
Jamie: That had a cover on it, though. That had a roof.
Scott: The sun was not beating down on
Jamie: it. How are guys I'm so curious to know the technology that's that's gonna be under the ice. It has to
Scott: be something there. You know what's crazy, though, is that, like, they're they're doing that, and, like, this is a game that's gonna count towards standings. I mean, if it's a colossal failure, like, that sucks.
Jamie: But, again, it's the same conditions for both teams.
Scott: Fair. But, like, this
Jamie: Listen. It might suck. Hopefully, doesn't because the that's a pretty cool spectacle.
Scott: Yeah. For sure.
Jamie: You know, when they do those games, it's a pretty sick spectacle. So I hope that they don't fuck that up.
Scott: Yeah. Well, you would think a lot of smart people came together before they put the seal of approval on that. You would think.
Jamie: I would think that they had to really make sure that they figured that out before they said, we're gonna have our game in Florida. Well, I think
Scott: they've done it before. Don't think In Florida? But I think they did it in a wait, if I'm not mistaken, and I probably am, but it might have been does one of their baseball stadiums have like a retractable roof? It might have been There's something like a couple. Where they yeah, I don't know. Look it up. Jamie. Jamie, pull that up.
Jamie: What am I looking up?
Scott: Looking up outdoor games Florida. Outdoor hockey games? Yes. Yes. We're talking about hockey. Or just just type in outdoor games, see what comes up. You know, like, tag. You know, have, like,
Jamie: manhunt. They're talking about the Panthers Rangers. Although they did say the lightning lightning Bruins, when is that game? Lightning verse well, that's that's it. I don't do that. That another outdoor game? Anyway, I don't know if that's an outdoor game. I'm I'm so curious if they're gonna be able to make this work. I'm looking forward to it because I I I think it could be very cool. If they can really figure out a way to keep the playing surface frozen, that's pretty sick.
Scott: Well, you would think that's
Jamie: I'm assuming they figured that out. Or else, why would they go through all this It
Scott: looks like I was wrong. I don't know.
Jamie: It's gonna be awesome, though. Whatever it is, it's gonna be awesome.
Scott: You know? Yeah. No. Those games are great. Yeah. What else? Jack Hughes is back. Let's go Devils.
Jamie: They're dog shit right now.
Scott: Okay. But he's back, so that's good.
Jamie: Yeah. He's back and they're shit.
Scott: Okay. But he's back. That's good.
Jamie: Well, it hasn't helped.
Scott: Okay. But what do
Jamie: He's back and they're still dog shit. So what's the problem here?
Scott: I don't know, but he's back.
Jamie: I mean, like
Scott: Did Bedard come back yet? I've been so Your
Jamie: child said he did.
Scott: Yeah. But I don't I don't how how often do you trust your kid tells you?
Jamie: Well, not very often. So, yeah. So Jack is back, and the devils are still shit. So that's a problem. You know? But, yeah, I mean, here's my question. Okay? Here here's a question for me out there. Does anybody think that Quinn Hughes is not signing in New Jersey in a year and a half? Does anybody actually think that that's gonna happen?
Scott: But Dart skated for the first time on Monday since sustaining an upper body injury, but there's still no timeline for the Blackhawks center's return.
Jamie: There you go.
Scott: So he skated, but no return yet.
Jamie: But he's not playing.
Scott: So Otto was like, it right.
Jamie: Otto was alright. Listen.
Scott: But
Jamie: he's not playing games. He's not, like, cleared to play. No. Okay. So did you hear what I said? Yeah. Does anybody think that Quinn Hughes is not coming to New Jersey in a year and half?
Scott: I think people think that maybe Jack Hughes will go to
Jamie: Stop it.
Scott: Go to Florida.
Jamie: Mean Listen. Maybe he should go to Florida because he
Scott: I meant Minnesota.
Jamie: Not Florida. Minnesota. He's spending way too much time with his girlfriend.
Scott: Oh, Jesus.
Jamie: Did you spend No. About her being a plant? Oh, Yeah.
Scott: Yeah. Well, she is she is Canadian. Right?
Jamie: I think she's from Calgary. Yeah. Yeah. So they were saying like
Scott: She's, like, getting all the information.
Jamie: Right. And then she's gonna, like, you know, turn on on team USA Yeah. In the Winter Olympics and, like, also be hanging out.
Scott: Break up with him.
Jamie: Break up with
Scott: him. Gold medal game.
Jamie: With Conor McDavid. Dude, speaking of, like, like, superstars or something like that, what is the deal with Austin Matthews right now?
Scott: No bueno.
Jamie: Dude, the Maple Leafs are like a a shell of themselves.
Scott: Yeah. I mean What
Jamie: what has happened to him?
Scott: I don't know what they're talking about. Could be injury. Like, he's he's he's working through something. I don't know. But, yeah, does not look in Nylander had gone how long without scoring a goal? Did the whole team's, like, awful right now? It's rough. The What about the Flyers?
Jamie: Dude, Trevor Zegas has been rejuvenated.
Scott: Legiteness.
Jamie: Dude, he was a mess in Anaheim. The guy has been rejuvenated. Yeah. You see what he's doing again?
Scott: Unreal.
Jamie: All of a sudden, he's like his old self.
Scott: Yeah. Those clips of him pulling off that all the shootout stuff. Now fair. I I mean, in all transparency, I haven't watched I don't think I've watched one flyer game yet this season. I've just seen the highlights of it, like, shootouts.
Jamie: You saw the one that that I showed you before we started, before we sat down?
Scott: Oh my god. The backhand?
Jamie: Yes. Dude, I'm I'm actually happy for him. Dominic and I bumped into him in Tampa.
Scott: Oh, that's right.
Jamie: I told you this?
Scott: Sorry? Yeah.
Jamie: Yeah. Yeah.
Scott: Guys were staying at the
Jamie: same hotel or whatever. Yeah. The JW Marriott downtown Tampa.
Scott: We had his autograph? We did. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
Jamie: That's cool. It was cool. We a picture of him. We didn't get his autograph. We took a picture of him. Oh, yeah.
Scott: He sent me a picture
Jamie: of Yeah. Yeah. But it was cool. The The Ducks were there to play the lightning. Yeah. And we got we were playing a tournament. Was in like February. We're playing a tournament.
Scott: That the tournament when you talked about one of the episodes where the Das got into the fight, like threw a drink at one, the other one? Yes. What episode was that? That was a good story too.
Jamie: That was a good story. I don't remember which episode that was. Yeah. Two two dads on our own team went at it. Talking about fucking stupid. I mean, holy shit. And I love one of them too. He listens too. So what's up, Piner? So, like, but, what the fuck? Like, two of our own dads went at it. Like, Jesus Christ.
Scott: Was episode 17, fireworks, face offs, and dad fights.
Jamie: That was our fourth of July episode?
Scott: Yeah.
Jamie: That's right. That's right. That's right. Okay. Alright. So, yes. So so that was our that was our hockey dad fight on the same team. We lost in the finals. The no. We lost in the semifinals, the Cowbears. During that game, two of our dads, one dad threw a drink at the other one. They almost came to blows. We separated them. Another dad grabbed them both, brought them outside. They went at it.
Scott: Wait, so wait, I'm remembering that part. You don't? Another dad facilitated the two of them fighting by bringing them outside?
Jamie: Yes. Jeez. He was trying to
Scott: To what?
Jamie: I don't know. Was saying like
Scott: That's crazy.
Jamie: Let's just go have it out, and everybody will be friends.
Scott: Let's do
Jamie: it And everybody high will be friends after that. So that was his plan. I found out after the game, when I walked into the lobby and somebody came up to the We like part of We put the team together. So some parent walked up to me, and they're like, Jamie, you know, two of your dads just went out in the parking lot. And I was like, Sorry, what? So, yeah, two of our fucking dads went at it, and they threw punches at each other and connected a bunch of them. We were lucky that we were invited
Scott: back. Were
Jamie: we were ever invited back because that was it's a very prestigious group of tournaments that he puts together, that Miles puts together. It was embarrassing. I he showed me the video.
Scott: And it's to what this sounds like straight out of high school.
Jamie: He's like, Jamie, you wanna so I go to the the guy who runs the tournament. He's like, Jamie, you wanna see the video?
Scott: There's a video.
Jamie: I was apologizing. I'm like, listen, Matt, I'm sorry. You know?
Scott: Wait. He came to you or you went to him?
Jamie: I went to him.
Scott: Did we get ahead of it? And he's like, oh, I already saw it.
Jamie: 100%. A 100%. Tried to I'm get ahead like, Matt, listen. He's like
Scott: I already know.
Jamie: So I'm apologizing. I'm like, listen. I'm sorry. I'm like, that's not how we operate. It's it's like a black eye for us. Literally a black eye for us. But I'm So, so I'm like, obviously, he's like and he he looks at me, and shockingly, I thought he was getting mad. He's like, he's like, listen. I get it, Jamie. He's do you wanna see the video? I'm like, like what? He's like he's like, another parent took a video of it. Do wanna see it? I'm like, yeah, I do. So he showed me the video. So, yeah.
Scott: Were there were there other parents, like, egging them on?
Jamie: Oh, yeah.
Scott: That is fucking crazy. We're talking about adults of children who are I know. Jesus.
Jamie: I said to both of them after them, like, are you proud of yourself? I'm like, that's not a good look for you. I'm like, listen, I said to both of God forbid
Scott: Yeah.
Jamie: One of you trips or hits the other person, and then the other one falls and hits their head on a curb and dies.
Scott: Or someone just really gets fucking hurt. Like, their kid has to go to the hospital to visit.
Jamie: But think about it. What happens if somebody gets killed? You go to jail.
Scott: Yeah.
Jamie: Now your wife and children are fatherless. Like, you're the main provider for the family, just say. And now, like, your kids are on the street or they can't afford the house they're in. I mean, think about the repercussions. Like, us as hockey parents and adults need to think about this before we get into a brawl in a fucking rink or in a parking lot.
Scott: A 100%.
Jamie: Like, you have other responsibilities that are bigger than you going at it with Joe Billy Bob from the, junior lightning Selects. Tampa Bay Selects, Silver Stick, you know, You know? I mean, it's it's bigger than that. Like, you're a grown fucking man with, like, responsibilities, like, really big responsibilities. You cannot afford to hurt yourself or, God forbid, hurt somebody else. Yeah. Right? I mean, so but yeah. So they went at it. They they went at it and, Yeah. And then we lost and everybody kind of went their own ways. And we drove to Nancy's aunt and uncle who lived like an hour north of Tampa. And we hung out with them. They lived on like a canal, was awesome. So Dominic's doing like fishing off the dock. And then we drove to Downtown Tampa because we were taking off the next
Scott: You're a downtown guy.
Jamie: I like downtown.
Scott: You like downtown. It's really downtown.
Jamie: This should be my nickname, Yeah. Yeah. No. It's listen. There's culture down there, stuff to do. Can't go wrong downtown.
Scott: You go
Jamie: wrong downtown. In any major city, even if it's a small city.
Scott: No. Just go downtown.
Jamie: Just go downtown. So so, yeah. So we we we drive to Downtown Tampa, because we're getting on a plane early next morning.
Scott: Yeah.
Jamie: So we're staying at the JW Marriott, we pull in, they were on the water.
Scott: Who's they?
Jamie: The hotel. The hotel was on the water. Yeah. Okay? There was a restaurant out back around the water. It looked nice. We're like, Okay, you know what? Let's just bounce around Downtown Tampa. Then we'll come back, get showered, get dressed, and we'll go eat at that place, at the JW's restaurant on the water. Yeah. Okay? Right out the back door. And it was a really nice thing around the water. So there were some cool, like, food trucks not far from the hotel. So we're like, Listen, let's just, you know, we'll check-in, we'll check the food trucks out. So we went, we checked out the food trucks. No. No. No. We went back. We went upstairs. We went upstairs, got got showered and everything for dinner, and then we had some time to kill, so that's when we went to the food trucks. And Dominic got, like, pizza in a cone.
Scott: Okay.
Jamie: Pizza in, like, an ice cream cone.
Scott: Oh, wait. It's shaped like an ice cream cone or
Jamie: Literally an ice cream cone with pizza in it.
Scott: Like, was there dough in the pizza cone or was just
Jamie: cheese in cheese sauce, whole thing.
Scott: Yeah. And it was like a sweet cone?
Jamie: No. Yeah.
Scott: I think I'm getting a little nauseous.
Jamie: I didn't eat it. He did.
Scott: I can imagine taking, like, a small pizza and, like, kind of
Jamie: putting it in a cone shape. No. No. No. This was this is a cone with pizza in it. Like a ice cream cone. Yeah. Like a waffle cone with pizza in it. Not like the sugarcane, it's like a waffle cone. They're really nice ones. Yeah. Totally.
Scott: Pizza. Yeah. Perfect idea.
Jamie: I think did I try? I don't think I tried it. He liked it, though. Yeah? So then we're like, alright. Know, let's go back head back to the hotel. We'll go, you know, go grab a bite in the back. So as we're walking back to the hotel, there's, like, two Greyhound buses that are pulled up in front of hotel. And people are filing out
Scott: of it.
Jamie: I told you the story. Yeah. People are filing out of it, and they're all dressed really nice, and they're wheeling bags.
Scott: Did they ask Don where he got his pizza cone?
Jamie: He had finished his pizza cone at this point.
Scott: Oh, Okay. Got it.
Jamie: So they're wheeling bags, and there's a line of them just going into the revolving doors. So we joined in with them. So we're in between them. Some are front, some are in back, me, Don, and my father-in-law because he came with us. So we're going through the revolving door, and it's a pretty big revolving door. There's somebody in front of me from this big group of greyhound busts. So, and I looked down and the guy's wheeling a bag and there's a duffel bag on top of it with the Anaheim Ducks logo on it.
Scott: Yeah, and you knew right then.
Jamie: So I also looked before we went, like a couple weeks before, I was like, I wonder if the Lightning have a game we could check out. So this was Sunday night and the Lightning were playing the Ducks Monday. And I knew that. So I looked down and I'm like, Oh, shit. I totally forgot that they were playing them. I'm like, Holy shit. So we weren't gonna be there for it, but I knew about it. So we walk in, and my father-in-law and Dominic kind of, you know, we, like, congregate in the lobby, I looked at him, I go, This is the Anaheim Ducks. I go, Dominic, I go, This is the Ducks. He goes, Really? I go, Yeah. Go look at them all. And he's like, Ziggurus is here. I'm I'm sure he's here somewhere. So there was a dude sitting behind we're standing in the lobby of the JW, some of them were filing over to the check-in counter and stuff like that. And some of them were just milling around in the lobby. And I'm like, Dom, I'm like, the dude behind you, I'm like, he was in a suit but without a tie. I'm like, Dom, this guy has to be a Ducks player. I'm like, go ask him. And for the life of me, I cannot remember his name. Son of a bitch. But he was the defensive man that got traded from the Stars?
Scott: I don't know.
Jamie: Of them. It's gonna bother the shit out of me. Anyway.
Scott: Traded from the Stars to the Ducks?
Jamie: He signed a one year deal for like $5,000,000 for one year with the Ducks. And now I wanna say he's on the wanna see if he's on the Colorado Avalanche now or the Stars. Klingberg. Klingberg. Yes, thanks. John Klingberg. So I'm like, Don, ask him. I'm I'm telling you, this guy plays for the Ducks. So he goes over to me, he's like, Hey, do you play for the Ducks? And he's like, I do. Like, My name's Sean Gleanberg, and Dom took a picture with him, that was cool. So he's like, Dad, we gotta find Zebras. I'm like, Dude, listen, he could be anywhere, he could be at a restaurant, you know he's here. He's like, No dad, we have to find him. So I look at my father and I'm like, there's no way we're gonna fucking find him. No chance, right?
Scott: Why? You just said they were all walking in off the fucking bus.
Jamie: Yeah, but like, I was like, yes.
Scott: Fair enough. There
Jamie: a of them. It was a lot of staff. I think the people I was walking in with, think, were staff. You know what I mean? Because Klingler was actually sitting down at a chair already in So I think the rest of it was just staff piling in, like trainers and doctors and coaches, shit like that. I'm like, You know what, So Tom? I'm like, Let's just go out and eat. Later, we can let you I'll let you bounce around the lobby, see if you can find the zebras. Okay? So we go out to the back, and we're waiting for the hostess to see us, and she's busy. We're waiting there for, like, ten minutes. And Dom's like, I gotta go to the bathroom. Which is such a bullshit lie, gotta go to the bathroom. He's trying to go bounce around the lobby, right? So, so I so he goes and I look at my father, and I go, He's 100% trying to find Trevor Ziggler's. Like, There's no way. I'm like, What are the chances of him finding him? Right? I'm like, There's no way. So, so Dom comes back, he's like, Dad, found him. I'm like, I look at my father, I'm like, No fucking way. He's like, Dad, trust me, come with me. So I'm like, Fine. So my father and I leave the hostess, you know, stand like, because she was busy doing something anyway, I'm like, alright, fine. So we follow him in.
Scott: Yeah.
Jamie: And we're going over toward the front of the and it's a really big lobby, the Tampa JW. Right? So we're going from the back to the front. Like I said, huge lobby because you have to cover a lot of space. And I see Dom walking over toward a group of players.
Scott: And
Jamie: I'm squinting my eyes and I'm like, Nah.
Scott: Why are you so doubtful?
Jamie: Bro, he could be anywhere.
Scott: Okay. I guess. Mean, it's
Jamie: a it's a big fucking hotel. It's a big city. You know what mean? Like, what are the what are the chances? You know? Like, come on.
Scott: I think they're pretty good, but, anyway.
Jamie: I don't think so.
Scott: You know? He found him.
Jamie: So so he's walk he's he's like 20 feet ahead of us. And and my father was walking next to me, I'm like, there's no way it's Trevor Zegas. So as we're walking, we're we're closer, Dom's again in front of us. And as we're getting closer, look at my father and I go, Holy shit, I think that's Trevor Zegres. Yeah, yeah. So Dom's again in front of us and Dom looks up to him, he's like, Excuse me, he's like, Are you Trevor Zegres? And he's like, I am. And Zegres was a Bauer ambassador at time.
Scott: Yeah, yeah.
Jamie: And Dominic was wearing a collared shirt with a long sleeve Bauer pullover, where he said Bauer down the side and under the chest. So Ziggurus was like, I like your Bauer pullover, dude. So he started talking, and he's like, Do you know who this is? Dom's like There were a bunch of other guys standing with him, and Dom's like, Do you know who this is? And Dom's like, Yeah, he's like Trey Terry, he's like John Gibson, and he's like, Start naming the fucking
Scott: No shit.
Jamie: Oh, that was so cool. Yeah, it was so cool, dude. And he went to, like, four or five of them, and they were all pretty impressed that he knew That's amazing. Who they Yeah, yeah, yeah. So he ran Trevor Ziegers.
Scott: Put that pick up on Instagram.
Jamie: You know, I will. Yeah. That's a good idea. I'll send it to I'll send it to your wife, she can throw it up. Yeah. Yeah. I have the Klangber one too.
Scott: Yeah. You should throw
Jamie: I'll put them both up. Yeah. Yeah, man. It was a it was a cool story.
Scott: That's awesome.
Jamie: Yeah. Yeah. That was it was neat. Yeah. So that was our yes, we had a hockey dead fight, lost in the semifinals, and met Trevor Zigress and a bunch of guys.
Scott: That's a that's a solid weekend, dude. A lot of a lot of highs.
Jamie: It was cool. But the
Scott: And a few lows.
Jamie: And the way we got on this is is the fact that Zigress has now, like, resurrected himself. Yeah. Like, he's Good for him.
Scott: And he's local here, Connecticut.
Jamie: Mid Fairfield guy. Yeah. That's right. I'm pretty sure his dad is still pretty involved.
Scott: Yeah, I think he might be the I could totally be wrong, like he's the president of Fairfield. He's like, I think Yeah. Top I dog there.
Jamie: He's something.
Scott: And they're a solid program, clearly.
Jamie: They sure are.
Scott: Yep. Yeah.
Jamie: Yeah. Yeah, man. So there you go. That's my Zigar story.
Scott: Dude, that's awesome. Well, listen. We've been we're we're almost at that hour mark. Are we?
Jamie: Yeah. Jeez. Yeah.
Scott: We've been kicking it for a minute.
Jamie: Alright. Nice.
Scott: I like it. An hour yeah. I think just an hour, actually. Nice. Well, listen. Why don't you you wanna wrap this one up? We can. Yeah. No. This was this was great just to recap a little bit. Looking forward. Yeah, man. Otto's got, I think, three. He's got one Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this weekend.
Jamie: You told me that when I We'll be
Scott: back in the saddle this weekend. We'll have more hockey stuff, more interviews coming up. I need to get dialed back into NHL and world juniors
Jamie: because I've
Scott: fucking out of it.
Jamie: Yes. You
Scott: do. Listen, go USA.
Jamie: Go USA is right, dude.
Scott: Go USA.
Jamie: Let's meet Canada in the finals and fuck them up.
Scott: The let's go. Giddy
Jamie: up. Seriously. Precursor to the Winter Olympics, man.
Scott: Oh, it's gonna be legit. When are those rosters getting finalized?
Jamie: So I'm pretty sure I Tomorrow or the day after? Saw Wednesday. Wednesday I know Canada comes out Wednesday. I just happen to it So it
Scott: must be the thirty first.
Jamie: So I'm assuming, yeah, I'm assuming The US is coming out too.
Scott: It'll be interesting to see.
Jamie: I am so curious who gets left off that roster.
Scott: We're gonna find out.
Jamie: There's a lot of guys who should not be left off that are gonna be
Scott: left off. Listen, next episode, we could talk about it.
Jamie: We can. Coming back into the new year.
Scott: Let's do it.
Jamie: Yeah. Thank you again to everybody who's joined us in 2025. This has been a I don't wanna speak for Scott, but this has been a crazy ride.
Scott: Tremendous.
Jamie: Right? I mean, it's been so cool to to build something like this Yeah. From nothing.
Scott: Listen, just to have like, that onto itself is, like, you know, is is part of the fun. But just learning and talking so much about the game. And it's been really great to continue to be part of the conversation and help share some information. That's been super helpful to me, to you. So you know, really appreciate all our guests that have come on. Thank you for your time, effort, energy. Yes. Let's keep it going in 2026,
Jamie: my man. Yeah, we hope this is working for you because I don't know about you, Scott, but it's working for me. Oh, yeah. Is a therapy You're working me. No, I'm serious. I know you're busting my balls. I know you're busting my balls, but like
Scott: think what you're wearing right now is really working for me.
Jamie: Is it now? No.
Scott: I'm just busting your balls. Yes. No. But you
Jamie: say so myself.
Scott: No, you're
Jamie: right, dude. But no, seriously, the therapy part of this, which is just us talking about the stuff and talking to all these great people we're talking to, they're all saying the same thing. Yep. Right? And I think that a lot of our listeners are hearing, if you're following us regularly, you're hearing the same thing over and over for all these people who have made it, who have done it, who are involved in it. And I think if you listen if you keep listening, it will change your mindset and you will become a more rational hockey dad.
Scott: I think that's fair to say.
Jamie: It's working for me. I don't wanna speak for you, but it is definitely working for me. And I think it's gonna it is already helping my child.
Scott: Perfect.
Jamie: Already.
Scott: Yeah. I would say the same thing.
Jamie: So I hope this is working for people. I hope you guys keep listening and keep following us. Like I said, we're just getting started. This is the beginning of something phenomenal.
Scott: Giddy up.
Jamie: And I'm getting very excited about it. We're gonna have an awesome 2026. '25 was insane. 2026 is just gonna be that much better. So stay tuned. Keep subscribing. Keep sharing. Keep downloading. Write us, tell us your thoughts, tell us what you like, tell us what you don't like, and we're gonna keep putting out entertaining and valuable content to you guys. And, hopefully you stay with us for the long haul.
Scott: That's it, my man. Well put. Appreciate you. Thank you. All the best
Jamie: to you
Scott: and your fam.
Jamie: It's been fun.
Scott: Yeah. Happy New
Jamie: Year. Here we go. You too,
Scott: else out there.
Jamie: Likewise.
Scott: Alright, my guys.
Jamie: See you.
Scott: Later. Later. Between our