On this episode, my guest is Joshua Latimer – the man behind SendJim and AutomateGrowSell – both are initiatives that aid small local service businesses to get better in their niche.
In today's podcast episode, my guest is Joshua Latimer – the man behind Send Jim and Automate Grow Sell, which help small businesses tap the power of relationship marketing. A few years back, Joshua left his job as a banker at JP Morgan Chase and decided to open a cleaning business in Michigan, which he eventually sold in 2015. He is now based with his family in Costa Rica managing a company that creates more freedom fpr businesses through automation and systems.
Topics we’ve discussed are:
- Joshua’s business background, the different business models that inspired him, his motivation to create Send Jim, and it's 4-year run as a business (2:20; 3:19; 4:41).
- The importance of relationship marketing in businesses and how Send Jim can help entrepreneurs harness its power (6:55).
- How he applies theming in his personal life and even created themed days for each of his family member. (9:39; 11:18).
- Joshua’s task management approach to the multiple projects he is running (12:33; 13:10; 14:00).
- His fascination with different beliefs, points of view, and economic and business principles across cultures (18:50).
- Books that captivated his interest and shaped the core paradigms he is applying in his business and life (20:16).
- Why he turned down an offer to co-author a book, and a lesson on saying no. This resonated with me a lot. (22:50).
- Other methods he has put into place like breaking his days into sprints, delegating, and turning things off (25:45).
- What Send Jim does and why it's called Send Jim instead of Send Josh (27:21).
- Features | Sendjim.io
- Send Jim | App Store
- Automate Grow Sell | Joshua Latimer
- Beyond the E-Myth with Michael E. Gerber | Productivityist
- Automate Grow Sell | Joshua Latimer
- Productivity Planner: Get More Done and Beat Procrastination by Intelligent Change | Kickstarter
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan | Amazon
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown | Amazon
This episode is brought to you by SaneBox - the app I personally use to make sure my productivity is at its best. Signup using this link http://sanebox.com/vardy and get $25 credit for new signups. Cleanup your inbox and save yourself from endless interruptions with Sanebox.
It was a truly awesome conversation that Joshua and I had. We continued further on a bonus episode where he talked about the challenges faced and lessons learned starting up a SaaS company. If you want to hear more about this, I highly recommending subscribing to the Productivityist Podcast on Patreon. This gives you access to bonus episodes, exclusive content and products and first dibs to the weekly episodes.
You can also show your support by leaving the show a rating and review on iTunes - or whatever podcast platform you're listening to.
Thanks for listening!
Until next time remember to stop guessing...and start going.
What is The Productivityist Podcast: A Time Management and Personal Productivity Talk Show?
Hosted by productivity strategist Mike Vardy, The Productivityist Podcast is a weekly show that discusses tips, tools, tactics, and tricks that are designed to help you take your productivity, time management, goals, to do lists, habits, and workflow to new heights - both at work and at home. If you're looking to focus your efforts on getting the right things done and start living the good life, then this weekly conversational podcast – crafted in the tradition of Slate's Working, Back to Work, and HBR IdeaCast – is for you.