In this inaugural episode of the podcast, we speak with Joy Heath Rush, the CEO of ILTA about her views on the changing legal landscape. Joy talks about testing assumptions she had about the ILTA community, trends she's seeing in the legal profession, and what firm leaders can put into action immediately to make a noticeable difference.
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW: iTunes // Spotify // Pocket Casts // Stitcher
In this this inaugural episode of the podcast, we speak with Joy about her views on the changing legal landscape. Amongst other items, we discuss testing assumptions she had about the ILTA community, trends she's seeing in the legal profession, and what firm leaders can put into action immediately to make a noticeable difference.
Some of the items we cover in the episode include:
- The value of listening, and the learning about the deep love & passion for the ILTA organisation
- The four key learning about the ILTA community Joy learnt about as she became CEO
- A need for more diversity
- People have too many ideas, and they don't know what to do with them
- The need for greater transparency
- The want from the community to volunteer more
- We also cover some trends & patterns Joy observed across the wider industry
- Innovation is overhyped
- The lack of understanding around emerging topics/technologies
- How the law firm business landscape is changing
- The prevalence of "the cloud"
- The importance of data driven performance tracking
- Increasing competition from the Big 4
- How law schools are stepping up and becoming more engaged
- What action can law firm leaders take today to make an impact
What is Fringe Legal?
Fringe Legal is a podcast discussing the future of the legal profession. Aimed at law firm leaders and influencers, each episode is a thoughtful discussion with a diverse range of voices about ideas impacting the evolution of the legal profession.
Along the way, we’ll learn about challenges to be overcome, what’s worked in the past, and expert tips on what could make a difference in the future.