In Today’s episode, Saul speaks with Dr. Harold Braswell. Harold Braswell is an assistant professor of health care ethics at Saint Louis University. He is the author of The Crisis of US Hospice Care, which was published by Johns Hopkins University Press in August 2019. He can be reached on Twitter at @haroldbraswell.
- SLU Scholarly Works Award (for the book The Crisis of US Hospice Care)
- Emerald Literati Award for Excellence (for the article “Putting the ‘Right to Die’ in its Place: Disability Rights and Physician-Assisted Suicide in the Context of US End-of-Life Care”) 2019
- Bicentennial Fellowship, Saint Louis University 2017
- Graduate Student Essay Prize, University of Chicago Program in Medicine and Religion 2013
- Irving K. Zola Prize for Emerging Scholars in Disability Studies, Society for Disability Studies 2011
- Hastings Center Report Young Scholar Essay Contest, Hastings Center 2010
- Board of Directors, Gateway End-of-Life Coalition
- Board of Directors, VOYCE (a long-term care ombudsman organization)
What is The Hospice Chaplaincy Show with Saul Ebema?
A show about the psycho-spiritual aspects of hospice care. On the Hospice Chaplaincy Show, you will hear stories of experts in the field of end of life care and grief counseling.This fun and educational podcast explores their life stories and theories of practice.