Hearts Need Art cover “Fly Me to the Moon” by Frank Sinatra.
In this episode of Cover Stories, Constanza and Marisa of the foundation Hearts Need Art cover “Fly Me to the Moon” by Frank Sinatra. Constanza also performs her original song “Roar in Me.” Hearts Need Art is a foundation that provides several artistic outlets for hospital patients including musical performances, lessons, writing and art exercises and much more! We talk about the science behind music as therapy, the services that Hearts Need Art provides, what type of music inspires them, Frank Sinatra teaming up with Quincy Jones and Count Basie and a whole lot more.
Hearts Need Art will be hosting their annual Night of 1000 Hearts Gala September 18, 2021 with in-person and virtual tickets available at https://heartsneedart.org/1000hearts/
In this episode, we discuss:
- The significance of music therapy and the arts in health
- Inspirational music
- Frank Sinatra collaborating with Quincy Jones and Count Basie
- Constanza and Marisa’s influences ranging from musical theatre to Selena
- What it means to provide music for hospital patients
Follow Hearts Need Art:
- Instagram: @heartsneedart
- The Hearts Need Art Podcast: Art for the Health of it on Spotify and Apple Podcasts
Follow Cover Stories:
What is Cover Stories?
Join Texas music journalist Erik Casarez for a weekly podcast that invites artists to take deep dives into their favorite songs and perform them live in studio.