This episode explores the journey of embracing one's body and how it evolves over time. Listen to gain insights into changing your critical dialogue around your body and transitioning from self-criticism to self-acceptance. This episode also offers a compilation of expert perspectives on body acceptance and its role in the recovery process.
- The fluctuating nature of self-acceptance and body image.
- Making peace with yourself and your body.
- Body acceptance as a universal experience for all in the recovery journey.
- Challenging critical dialogue: Andrea details her transition from critical and negative self-talk to a more neutral and positive narrative when body fears arise.
- The power of mindfulness and witness consciousness: the importance of acknowledging thoughts without letting them define yourself or your worth.
JOIN THE COURAGE CLUB WAITLIST
CONNECT WITH RECOVERY WARRIORS
What is The Recovery Warrior Shows?
Real talk. Real insights. Real stories of recovery helping people stop fighting food and their body since 2012.
Welcome to Recovery Warriors podcast channel. Where many voices come together to share the one great journey to full eating disorder recovery.
With a unique lineup of shows, your food, body, and self-esteem struggles are covered from every angle. Balancing science and soul, we tell stories and share evidence-based research behind what it takes to recover from restriction, anorexia, bulimia, over-exercising, binge eating, chronic dieting and disordered eating. Not only that, we also cover the underlying trauma, limiting beliefs, and painful emotions that keep you trapped in cycles of feeling powerless and out of control.
It’s exhausting constantly thinking about food and worrying about your weight. You, dear warrior, don’t have to live like this. Together, let’s march forward into a future where you’re living, breathing proof that recovery is possible.