In this episode, Adam is joined by Justin Jackson to talk about how to start working towards making a full-time living from your own projects.
- Why you shouldn't start with SaaS
- How to find ideas from client projects
- What to do before you make a landing page
- Why your first product doesn't have to be the one that makes you rich
- Using open source to build an audience
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio to try their Bootstrap Plan free for 90 days
- Getting Real by 37signals (now Basecamp)
- Startups for the Rest of Us podcast
- Storemapper, interview with Tyler Tringas for IndieHackers
- Pippin's Plugins
- The Stairstep Approach to Bootstrapping by Rob Walling
- The Freedom Ladder by Justin Jackson
- "The $61,392 Book Launch That Let Me Quit My Job", story of how Adam released his first product and went independent
- Marketing for Developers, Justin's book and course
- Refactoring UI landing page
- Justin's Laracon 2017 Talk
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.