Comedian Phil Wang helps the boys to try and do what we do despite the world being on fire. You know what almost NEVER CATCHES FIRE? Rivers.
Not forgetting, Ollie recommends a river cruise that has been instrumental in fixing America, and Bobby talks about the essential role Japanese river cruises are playing in curing the nation's covid-malaise.
Topics discussed on this episode range from:
- Why we chose to do this this week, when really, we are kind of broken inside
- How comedians are pretty much, as a rule, all broken inside anyway
- What Phil thinks of Ollie's body type
- Toms (Peeping)
- A guy who not even Marie Kondo could help
- The questions raised by the concept of "Decoy Panties"
- The Kurdish man stopped and manhandled by the police
- Racial stereotypes in Japan (old ground, still not done yet)
- The legal rights of foreigners in Japan and how surprising it is that they have some
- What about what-aboutism?
- When you get so woke, you're not woke
- Which foreigners are the best
- Virtue Signalling vs Fetishism
- Japanese people who "don't SEE race," by which we mean LITERALLY LOOK RIGHT THROUGH other races
- How being accommodating and losing your shit are two sides of the same 100-yen coin
- The universality/universal stupidity of a certain racist barb
- Tat: What is it? How do you stop it?
- What did Ollie get Phil for Christmas?
- What does it mean to "ho-ho?"
- How campy English decoration and Murder are pretty much the same
- Why Phil should release a tat poster that says "Love lived here for the first couple of years" and why Bobby would buy it
- Glottal stops
- The difference between gibbons and chimpanzees, and why Ollie is a sociopath
- How Bobby solved racism through music
- Ineffective racial slurs
- Why editorial instincts trump interviewing instincts, every time
- "Vanilla" (see ineffective racial slurs)
or Tweet to us at @jbrcpod
Black Lives Matter
Official George Floyd Memorial Fund
NAACP Legal Defense Fund
Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust
Other things to click on
Some are affiliate links because we're sell-outs
- We record remotely using Squadcast and the podcast is hosted on Transistor.
- Bobby uses the Samson Go Mic and Ollie uses the AT2005USB mic
What is Japan By River Cruise?
Stand-up comedians Bobby Judo and Ollie Horn purport to report on the Japanese river cruise industry each week.