Junior to Senior with David Guttman
Justin and David talk about humble communication, constrained creativity, and self evaluation.
- Watching mentors solve problems
- Version control
- Humble communication
- Constrained creativity
- “You have a big story[frequent Git commits]...that’s what gets published, is a story.” - JH
- “You can always improve communication.” - JH
- “If somebody has that[holier than thou attitude], that would probably be like a big red flag.” - JH
- “Nobody knows anything at the start of this stuff, so we all learned.” - JH
- “You should know why you're participating in that company, on that project.” - JH
- “Every night or every week...ask yourself ‘How am I doing? Where am I going?" - JH
- “One week I worked on a Saturday because I felt like I hadn't met a goal...I got chewed out for it in the best way possible.” - JH
What is Junior to Senior with David Guttman?
A weekly show for ambitious devs who want to take their career to the next level.