In today's podcast, Tywauna 'Coach Tee' discuss tips for mentoring today's youth! We will go deeper into positive traits of a youth mentor and success tips for building positive relationships.
In this show, Tywauna 'Coach Tee' Wilson gives tips for mentoring today's youth! We will go deeper into positive traits of a youth mentor and success tips for building positive relationships.
Considerations when mentoring youth:
- Build trust
- Dig deep trying to figure out what your mentee needs (sometimes they don't know how to communicate it)
- Have fun, it shouldn't be all work
- Make them a part of the process
- Don't be too pushy or they will shut down
- Be an active listener
- Keep it positive especially when they are venting
- Stay upbeat and don't let their frustration become yours
What are some of your strategies when working with our youth leaders? How do you build connection with them?
Be a Supporter!
To connect with Tywauna 'Coach Tee Wilson' for more strategies or join the monthly leadership roundtable, find her on LinkedIn at Tywauna Wilson, visit SomeLeadersWearLabCoats.com, or join the Tidbits w/Coach Tee Wilson Facebook group.
Could you benefit from ongoing mentoring? Check out the StandOut Leader Academy
What is S.O.S For Leaders?
S.O.S. for leaders podcast offers practical leadership and personal growth strategies to win in life and your career