In this episode we talk with Joshua Greene and Michael Katz, authors of iOS Test Driven Development by Tutorials. In this episode, we talk about:
- Why is test-driven development is important for any dev team?
- How is TDD best employed with iOS development
- What are some exceptions to test-driven development?
- Joshua Greene - @jrg_developer - Senior Author for raywenderlich.com
- Michael Katz - @themikekatz - Senior Author for raywenderlich.com
Book - iOS Test Driven Development
- Keep Your Iterations Small
- Test First
- Circular Progress of Testing and Developing Functionality
- Avoid Testing other APIs (i.e. Integration Testing)
- Use Mock Data for Outside Dependencies
- Behavioral Driven Development vs XCTest
- Make sure Maintainability and Specs are Met
- Prevent Regressions with New Features
- Regular Code Reviews
- Tests Should Be Required Before Deployment
- Encourage a Culture of Testing
- Slow Add Tests to Projects Missing Them
- Following the Golden Pathand not testing edge cases and errors
- Following Test Coverage too strictly or not enough
- Use Multiple Test Targets
- Write Tests First
- Use Spike Solutions to Experiment
- Write Temporary Tests
- Use Playground to Test Code
- Xcode Server
- New Performance Tests
- Test Plan for Xcode
- SwiftUI, Live Previews, and Modeling
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.