Iveson's State of the City address was this week and we've got the Cliff's notes. Meanwhile City Council peeks over the edge of the Precipice of regulating parking and contemplates jumping. City admin suggests that we shouldn't bid on the commonwealth games, and it's not a Bluff to improve our negotiating position. Finally, when Jon D opens his mouth there's no talking him down off that Cliff.
- State of the City Address
- From Edmonton's NDP stronghold, Iveson offers olive branch to Kenney government
- Facebook Live recording
- Mack's Twitter thread
- Comprehensive Review of Parking Regulations in Zoning Bylaw 12800
- Elise Stolte: Council can't ignore the massive subsidy behind 'free' parking
- Committee endorses plan to eliminate Edmonton's minimum parking requirements
What is Speaking Municipally?
Taproot Edmonton presents a weekly discussion on key stories in municipal politics. We pay attention to City Council so you don't have to! Join us as we delve into conversations about the context surrounding decisions made at City Hall.