- Learn the events and experiences that influenced each generation and why that matters as we seek to reach and retain Millennials and Gen X.
- Millennials are the largest generation in the American workforce.
- Gen X is the first generation to experience the full effects of divorce and both parents working outside the home.
- Millennials are the first generation to be fully influenced by the cell phone becoming an everyday tool.
- Gen X accounted for the majority of start-ups pre-pandemic and has incurred more debt than any other generation.
- Millennials made popular long beards, flannel, and fedoras.
- Gen X, well, they got parachute pants!
- Millennials will experience the greatest transfer of wealth in American history so helping them learn to manage money is critical.
- Gen X are caring for aging parents and local churches can offer caregiver support.
- Note the pendulum swing regarding what becomes important from one generation to the next.
- Millennials want to be involved.
- Gen X are skeptical and need to see authenticity and moral integrity.
- Listen to learn best practices churches are utilizing to engage both.
What is GA Baptist Discipleship?
This podcast exists to strengthen churches by resourcing, inspiring, and creating disciple-makers! Discipleship is a life-long process by which a follower of Jesus Christ grows toward Christ-likeness and multiplies the experience. Each week we will broadcast new episodes relevant to your ministry and replicating discipleship.